Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Thumbs up First time OCing

Due to my recent back surgery, my doctor wants me to walk everyday. Today, because it's such a beautiful day in Allentown, my girlfriend, her daughter and I decided to walk over to our local city park. Now that I've read all about the legal ins and outs of OCing, I decided today would be my first time carrying my PT-111 on my hip in a simple airgun holster. I printed out the gun rights flyer so that I could have info to back me up in case I was accosted by an uninformed person. I thought I would be nervous about it, but surprisingly, I felt very comfortable with OCing. My girlfriend thought she would be nervous about it too, but like me, it didn't bother her at all. In fact, she thought I looked hot...LOL!

Anyway, I got no questions or stares from anyone. All in all, a great day spent with my 2 favorite girls.

PS ~ I know it's not needed to OC, but I do not have my LTCF yet. I hope to have it within the next week, but I'm not holding out hope on that.
    Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP, Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

(York County)

Default Re: First time OCing

I'm glad it went well for you, thanks for posting this. So far, 99% of my OCing is just like this. I think I may get someone questioning or complaining based on where I am headed, but the vast majority don't seem to notice at all.

On the rare occasion someone says anything at all, it has mostly been positive. The manager of a sports bar asked if I would mind taking it out to my car once. When I said I couldn't do that, but I could cover it, he said "thank you" and that was the end of it. He was pleasant and polite throughout.

If you decide to OC more often, being prepared ahead of time (like the preparations you made here) are a good habit to get into. You just never know when you may need a flyer... or a recorder!

I hope all your adventures go this way.

+rep
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

May you pursue happiness while OC'ing without unwanted intrusions.

Now go get some quality leather, it is well worth it.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Mercer County)

Good report. When the girlfriend/wife is okay with it, that's 90% of the battle!
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Good report. When the girlfriend/wife is okay with it, that's 90% of the battle!
    Truth!^^^^
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Lackawanna County)

Those fliers come in handy. There are alot of pro-2a people who don't know their rights. As far as feeling comfortable OCing, that's how it should be. OC is the original and most natural carry out there. It wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a good retention holster.

By the way, there always seems to be an increased "hotness" factor when someone is OCing. Carry on.

You must be bored with your own life., Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by pedaler73 View Post
    Due to my recent back surgery, my doctor wants me to walk everyday. Today, because it's such a beautiful day in Allentown, my girlfriend, her daughter and I decided to walk over to our local city park. Now that I've read all about the legal ins and outs of OCing, I decided today would be my first time carrying my PT-111 on my hip in a simple airgun holster. I printed out the gun rights flyer so that I could have info to back me up in case I was accosted by an uninformed person. I thought I would be nervous about it, but surprisingly, I felt very comfortable with OCing. My girlfriend thought she would be nervous about it too, but like me, it didn't bother her at all. In fact, she thought I looked hot...LOL!

Anyway, I got no questions or stares from anyone. All in all, a great day spent with my 2 favorite girls.

PS ~ I know it's not needed to OC, but I do not have my LTCF yet. I hope to have it within the next week, but I'm not holding out hope on that.
    Congrats on the successful OC. I hope your back recovers quickly and good luck with the LTCF.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Now go get some quality leather, it is well worth it.
    Agreed. Nothing like a good holster to make carrying even more comfortable and safe.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Agreed. Nothing like a good holster to make carrying even more comfortable and safe.
    And training
    FNX-9 Two-tone