Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Reminton Marine Magnum Sling

Hey first post here guy's. I have just a quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to. It's inregards to the slingh attachment, I've seen pictures where the slingh attaches to the side of the rear stock, and then pictures where the slingh attaches at the bottom of the rear stock. I will be purchasing soon, and want to know which one is best, and how do you tell which one your ordering? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank,

Steve

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Reminton Marine Magnum Slinge

mine attaches to the bottom of the stock... in fact a quick google images search didn't yield any pictures with it attached to the side from the factory... perhaps the picture you saw the owner changed stocks?

either way i like it on the bottom.

...oh, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the quick reply Advocate! Ya I think your right the picture I saw was probably an altered 870. I also want it to attach at the bottom of the stock. Thanks man damn glad to be here.

(Butler County)

Mine attachs to the bottom for now. I'm going to change it out as part of my new build projects I think. I just ordered a GG&G side mount since I'll be using HK slings, I'm not sure how I'll deal with the other yet.

Works well whichever way you prefer.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Havoc View Post
    Mine attachs to the bottom for now. I'm going to change it out as part of my new build projects I think. I just ordered a GG&G side mount since I'll be using HK slings, I'm not sure how I'll deal with the other yet.

Works well whichever way you prefer.

Good luck
    Hey thanks Rex Havoc! Does the side sling mount give you some advantage? The only experience I've had with them was on a M16 in the military and they were mounted on the bottom of the stock.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Reminton Marine Magnum Sling

I can't tell you with any certainty that there would be an advantage. I think it would be more of a personal preference although, when using a "team sling" (you know, cause I need to use one so often) I would think that the shotgun would cant less with a slide sling mount than one mounted on the bottom of the stock. I don't see any other advantage really, it'll work American or African slung either way.

We'll see I guess. I have my HK slings and just recieved the new stocks I ordered to cut down so I suppose I'm about ready to start assuming I can figure out the best way to shorten them which I'm sure will be an upcoming post.

I'll try and get some photos up before and after I start although the Marine Magnum is going to be going out for sights and NP3 I think.

-Chris

(Montgomery County)

Mine attaches from the bottom as well:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/vbimghost...mg&imgid=10174

The nice thing about the barrel side mount is that if you want a tactical light as in my picture, the side mount will allow you to use your light, otherwise it gets in the way.

Rex Havoc, I'll be interested in seeing how you make out with the NP3 and sights. I put on Ghost ring sights on mine. What advantage does the HK sling give you? I'm not familiar with them.

(Butler County)

I looked at the GG&G side mounts to get it away from the light at first but they're behind and the new stock hasn't come in yet. My plan was then to order a Wilson Combat mag extension since they have them on there but then we were shown a bunch of neat tricks at the Randy Cain / FIRE Institute Shotgun 1 class so I'm going to try them out. I have ghost rings on one and, I thought, got some decent grouping but I think I could do better with rifle sights.

Will the HK sling serve any real purpose? I'm not really sure. The configuration is such that you can use it as a carry strap or team sling. Will I ever use a team sling? Unless I'm in a certified mall ninja raid, probably not. But, when I was working in VA we carried shotguns regularly so it might serve a purpose at some point. Either way, I guess it's more of a way to set the gun up the way I want it. I found and bought a couple slings and I'm sending one up to my "leather guy" to see if he can make me a similar sling in leather as opposed to webbing. Time will tell. I'll try and get photos up but I don't want to hijack the thread.