Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: in the car

(Lancaster County)

Default in the car

ok got a question for yall,me,not being old enough for concealed carry,wondering if i could have a weapon close at hand(firearm)unloaded, ammo in another area of the vehicle(console)

I am asking because im going to be driving soon and about a year ago i was in the passenger seat of my mothers car (my mom in the drivers seat)and this crazy lady spewing out profanity and aproaching my moms side of the vehicle(the family van) in a very hostile manner .

Now i know my mom has options here being over the age of 21,she can get a concealed carry permit I on the other hand cannot legally posess a pistol(again im 18) and cannot get a concealed carry permit ,wondering what options i have open if not firearms can u suggest what i can use for self defense in my ride?

thanks for the help guys(and girls)

Triggerh4ppy
    Gott mit uns

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: in the car

(a) Offense defined.--Any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
    Unfortunately you'll need a carry permit to keep a firearm in your vehicle.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

I'm fairly sure that you have to be 21 to have a handgun in your posession, and you'll need a permit.

Here's what I carried before I was old enough to CC:

Manondock 21"Autolock Baton

Fox Labs 2oz OC

Spyderco endura

Surefire Light

that should help you havdle most situations.

(Erie County)

§6110.1. Possession of Firearm By Minor.

(a) Firearm.—Except as provided in subsection (b), a person under 18 years of age shall not possess or transport a firearm anywhere in this Commonwealth.
    §61O2. Definitions.

“Firearm.” Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.
    You need to be 21 to transfer a firearm through a FFL. But only 18 to possess

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerh4ppy View Post
    owondering what options i have open if not firearms can u suggest what i can use for self defense in my ride?
    How about...

stay out of trouble.
    Dont curse back at people.
    Dont drive like an a-hole.
    Turn that damn music down.
    Dont flip off the moron who just cut you off.

KEEP A CELL-PHONE AND CALL POLICE IF YOU ARE PURSUED

If someone starts shit, back away, drive away and go away.
    You shouldnt really need a gun to "defend your ride" nor your status.

(Please dont think im picking on you, but I just got the wrong idea from your post)
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    How about...

stay out of trouble.

(Please dont think im picking on you, but I just got the wrong idea from your post)
    Funny, I started following that advise AFTER I began carrying.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

ok got a question for yall,me,not being old enough for concealed carry,wondering if i could have a weapon close at hand(firearm)unloaded, ammo in another area of the vehicle(console)
    If you get pulled over by a cop (for what ever reason), it's highly likely he'll ask if there are any drugs or weapons in the car...
    How would you answer that, if you had a gun in the console?

If you lied and the cop searches the car (again, quite likely), you won't have to worry about getting a license to carry or even owning a gun.

LorDiego01 posted some excellent advice. If you're mature enough to follow it...in a few years you'll be mature enough to carry a gun.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    How about...

stay out of trouble.

heh i know that one,i know better than to swear at people out the window,dont want to be fulla bullet holes because i cussed the wrong guy out lol.
    Gott mit uns

(Perry County)

heh i know that one,i know better than to swear at people out the window,dont want to be fulla bullet holes because i cussed the wrong guy out lol.
    Not only that...if you are carrying a firearm, you have a greater responsibility to avoid a confrontation by any safe means. For example: Some guy pulls out in front of you and you blow the horn and flip him off. He stops in front of you and gets out with a bat or a knife. Things go from bad to worse and you end up shooting the guy. Any witnesses will testify that you were the one who started the confrontation by blowing and flipping. Granted, that doesn't justify his coming at you with a weapon, but the prosecutor could still use that against you.

Dave G.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(Dauphin County)

Cool Re: in the car

Anyone ever watch "Kung Fu"?

Grasshopper was all about total peace and tranquility till you started it then you gettin your ass stomped!

In order to stay in control of any situation you first have to control yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast