Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Vandalized

(Lackawanna County)

Default Vandalized

Around 2am this morning i was in my room glueing something and i heard series of loud noises, it was 1 or more persons running across my porch. My mom is in the bathroom standing on the toilet as i run out to the kitchen with my gun asking wtf and she says theirs people trying to get in and they ran down the street....so i go after them and run a few blocks but see no1

i came back in the yard to look around and my moms caddy emblem is on the ground with huge rock on the ground near it with big dent in the trunk....i look over my dads car and his back windshield is smashed out by a rock....when i initially came out i had my S&W in my holster on my hip and came out with my shot gun but left that in the kitchen and told her pump and shoot.......so i opened the screen door said call the police they smashed up the cars and took the shotty and took a defensive position.

the cops came and ya know how that goes.......none of the other cars or houses on the street stretching like 9 blocks were touched as far as i could see....its funny too about a week ago or so the same noises of running across the porch woke my dad up and he looked around because he said it sounded like there was someone in the basement sledge hammering the walls

so i'm on high alert right now which sucks i have work tomorrow...but what are my options if they came back and they are unarmed?i don't want to shoot someone but if there coming back to a house with the cops out looking for them then they gots an agenda that doesn't bode well for my family and I...............and yes all doors and windows are locked and if i do see something i have my cellphone and the 911 will be there first call, but in the meantime while their breaking in or smashing up more stuff what are my options?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Vandalized

Sounds like its time to invest in some closed circuit tv monitors and also notify the police that you would like additional patrols in your area.. Other than staying home from work, which I know ya cant do, thats about all that can be done.

Best of luck to ya.. hope ya catch the twerps.....

(Luzerne County)

Get some motion activated lights.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Get some motion activated lights.
    I second that. Add one that shines enough in your room to wake you up.

(Allegheny County)

I second everyone else: lights and motion sensors. But I would add:

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    ... i run out to the kitchen with my gun asking wtf and she says theirs people trying to get in and they ran down the street.... so i go after them and run a few blocks but see no1...
    Take a damn self-defense course already. Make sure it covers the law. If you finish the course thinking the above was a good idea, immediately demand your money back and sign up for another course. That is all.

(Jefferson County)

Time to get a rabid pittbull with AIDS.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post

Take a damn self-defense course already. Make sure it covers the law. If you finish the course thinking the above was a good idea, immediately demand your money back and sign up for another course. That is all.
    Tried to rep you for this one but I guess I gotta give some out elsewhere first.

Sucks that your stuff was broke, but like Adam-12 said, you really really need to learn the law and cool your jets before you end up in jail or dead.

(Philadelphia County)

... as i run out to the kitchen with my gun asking wtf and she says theirs people trying to get in and they ran down the street....so i go after them and run a few blocks but see no1
    +1 on what everyone said about you going to look for them. If anybody would have been shot, you'd be in jail for a long, long, loooong time.

Secondly,

Around 2am this morning i was in my room glueing something and i heard series of loud noises,
    Your first mistake was to make this statement. It could be argued in court, against you, that you were locked up in your room sniffing glue, getting high, when you got spooked and chased after some neighborhood youths with murder in your eyes.

Be very careful how you present your side of the story, espcially when its these types of matters.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

was York, now it's Pawley's Island, South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post

Amen.

Slim, got him for ya.

(Lehigh County)

Since you are so willing to "go after someone", have you considered Claymore mines to initiate your counter offensive? (sarcasm) I am sure that would reduce their ability to run.

Seriously, unless these guys had your child or family member hostage I would not leave the house. You never want to have a perimeter larger than you can defend.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast