Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default First Venango Post

Boooo. No posts in the Venango County forum
    Quote Originally Posted by GOULD, Circuit Judge, concurring:
    Second, the right to bear arms is a protection against the possibility that even our own government could degenerate into tyranny, and though this may seem unlikely, this possibility should be guarded against with individual diligence.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: First Venango Post

Coustain, get it going! I was born and raised in O.C. Moved to Mercer County now.

(Dauphin County)

Lol, I recruit in Meadville, and have lived in OC for 4.5 years now, I guess I am about to relocate to Dubois though, larger recruiting station to run out there. Am I reallyy the only Vanango County Member though?
    Second, the right to bear arms is a protection against the possibility that even our own government could degenerate into tyranny, and though this may seem unlikely, this possibility should be guarded against with individual diligence.

(Erie County)

No there's 4 others

Counties
    Venango
    Find Forum Members for that county

or just click the link http://www.pafoa.org/forum/memberlis...tall&field8=62

They have a recruiting station? Such a small town I thought. I was at the reserve station there to take that ASVAB or whatnot a couple years ago. Small little station there.

(Dauphin County)

The recruiting station is actually in Franklin, and that is where I started out as a detailed recruiter (on loan from the regular army). I have since converted to permenant recruiter (the dark side) and have ran the clarion recruiting station, currently running the meadville recruiting station and are about to move up to the Dubois recruiting station. Been in PA for almost 5 years now lol

(Venango County)

Hi All in Venango,

Moving to Oil City in a couple of weeks. (June 1) Just bought a house there. I live in Jefferson right now. Looking forward to moving into new house. I work for the State of PA @ SCI-Forest as a Corrections Officer (CO). The wife and I looking for a place to go shooting around OC? I am into military weapons so as you can guess I do have a AR-15 (Bushmaster) and a Springfield .45. I am building a AR-15 for the wife as a mother's day gift for her. I was a (45B) small arms repair in the Army.

Thanks

PACO69

(Venango County)

Paco,

I am near Franklin. There are a few gun clubs out and around. But there is pretty much a lot of forest all around. There are some unofficial spots and places out in the middle of nowhere to shoot.

Myself, I was lucky and recently closed on approx. 50 acres. So now I shoot whenever I want and have a few bucks for ammo. I also have AR-15.

You should have bought my old house in Franklin! Cheap. Not big but double garage out of block etc.

Welcome to the great white north. BTW, do you ride motorcycles? There are several nice bike trails (pedal bikes) in the area, too.

Regards,
    Taepo.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by paco69 View Post
    Hi All in Venango,

Moving to Oil City in a couple of weeks. (June 1) Just bought a house there. I live in Jefferson right now. Looking forward to moving into new house. I work for the State of PA @ SCI-Forest as a Corrections Officer (CO). The wife and I looking for a place to go shooting around OC? I am into military weapons so as you can guess I do have a AR-15 (Bushmaster) and a Springfield .45. I am building a AR-15 for the wife as a mother's day gift for her. I was a (45B) small arms repair in the Army.

Thanks

PACO69
    I belong to the Oil City Izaak Walton League club; commonly called the Oil City Ikes.

We are located about 2-3 miles from downtown Oil City on Deep Hollow Road. We have covered 50 meter SMALLBORE rifle/pistol range and a 300 yard rifle range. We also have an indoor pistol team and an indoor rifle team (50ft) that shoots during the winter.

We do require a membership to shoot at the club, and currently it is about $50. If you are interested, let me know, and I will let you know how to join. I think we also have a range pass available that will let you use the range, but not vote on club matters at the meetings; cost is ABOUT $25.00.