Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Can I Hunt with an M1A?

Can I Hunt with an M1A in PA if I get a 1 round Magazine or use no magazine? I would of course not have any 20/10/5rd magazines anywhere on my person.

I would love to use the M1A I'm about to get for hunting, but I also value my freedom .
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!” ~Samuel Adams

You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass.” ~ Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

(Chester County)

Default Re: Can I Hunt with an M1A?

Quote Originally Posted by jon'76 View Post
    Can I Hunt with an M1A in PA if I get a 1 round Magazine or use no magazine? I would of course not have any 20/10/5rd magazines anywhere on my person.

I would love to use the M1A I'm about to get for hunting, but I also value my freedom .
    From what I understand a semiautomatic rifle is illegal unless you are disabled and have permit saying so. Semi-Auto is still Semi-Auto even if it does only have one round in it. So I would have to say no, just to err on the side of caution.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    From what I understand a semiautomatic rifle is illegal unless you are disabled and have permit saying so. Semi-Auto is still Semi-Auto even if it does only have one round in it. So I would have to say no, just to err on the side of caution.
    Correct, as far as I have ever found any semi-auto is illegal for "Big game". I believe semi-auto is legal for water fowl and I think thats it? (Maybe for varmint like coyotes and ground hogs but I don't think so)

** this is excluding the south-easy counties... which are more NJ then PA anyway
    Last edited by Dredly; July 4th, 2008 at 11:13 PM.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Carbon County)

dont quote me but i belive small game you can hunt with a semi.. not to sure.. but that might be with a shotgun i dunno.. not sure about a rifle..

(Jefferson County)

Manually operated rifles and handguns for any and all game in PA unless you're an amputee or have total loss of use in an arm.

Shotguns are the only semi-autos allowed to be used by normal folks.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigcory18951 View Post
    dont quote me but i belive small game you can hunt with a semi.. not to sure.. but that might be with a shotgun i dunno.. not sure about a rifle..
    I'm positive you can't hunt small game with a semi.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lehigh County)

You could legally use your M1A so long as you turn the gas valve to the off position, thus rendering it a straight-pull bolt action rifle.

A game warden might not see it your way, though.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    You could legally use your M1A so long as you turn the gas valve to the off position, thus rendering it a straight-pull bolt action rifle.

There is not game warden in pa that would see that as exceptable!! You will end up fined and what ever else penalties invoked for hunting with an auto loader.

Game wardens think they have something to prove and generally speaking have a huge chip on their shoulder. I was out trout fishing with two buddies all of us carrying concealed Glocks. Yeah Glock!!!! Well anyway my shirt road up and he came jogging over to me and was like you have a permit for that firearm sir. I told him yes, and he told me how he thought those of us who carried guns where wanna be law enforcement and are jealous and will never be one. So this point I was really annoyed and asked him. "Isn't being a game warden sort of like playing cop, and asked him when was he going to become a real LEO." He got pissed and called me a smart ass punk. Then he left, I was like he called me names but I got what I wanted left alone.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    There is not game warden in pa that would see that as exceptable!! You will end up fined and what ever else penalties invoked for hunting with an auto loader.

Game wardens think they have something to prove and generally speaking have a huge chip on their shoulder. I was out trout fishing with two buddies all of us carrying concealed Glocks. Yeah Glock!!!! Well anyway my shirt road up and he came jogging over to me and was like you have a permit for that firearm sir. I told him yes, and he told me how he thought those of us who carried guns where wanna be law enforcement and are jealous and will never be one. So this point I was really annoyed and asked him. "Isn't being a game warden sort of like playing cop, and asked him when was he going to become a real LEO." He got pissed and called me a smart ass punk. Then he left, I was like he called me names but I got what I wanted left alone.
    hahaha its funny because its true

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post

They wont allow that. They could easily turned back on in the field.

There has been some guys that blocked the gas port on their AR's and removed the tube and were allowed, but that was because there were not easily converted in the field.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast