Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Which Judge and Why?

one of my friends has the original 2.5 chamber 3 inch barrel judge. we went shooting i had a crate of clays along so i thought it would be neat to try it out, not expecting great results. i gotta say i don't think i have ever had that much fun shooting in my life, and it broke the clays pretty decently too, i hit like 15 out of 20! now i want one. i don't think i'll be getting the original since they have newer models out. i'm debating on the ultralite or the 3 inch chamber magnum. the 3 inch chamber can take the longer 000 buck shot with 5 pellets instead of 3 so a double tap would be almost twice as effective for a defensive encounter (up close), but other than that i don't think it would give anything else. the ultralite is close to half the weight of the 3 inch chambered one... which means more recoil... which means more fun! it will also fit into a blackhawk serpa holster which is cool for when the temp goes down you could conceal it with a jacket on.

so which do you think would be a better buy and why? i'd get either one with a 3 inch barrel. have any of you heard of a 3 inch chamber ultralite coming soon? if so then i would wait for it...

Default Re: Which Judge and Why?

Dude, get the 3in. That way if you want to fire 2 1/2 in it you can. You can't fire 3in in a 2 1/2. Plus, I've never seen slugs in 2 1/2in.

(Cumberland County)

I have the 2 1/2 inch with the 3 inch barrel. I took a one dollar change in a raffle and won the dang thing. At first I thought 'what am I going to do with this' but it is a major hoot to shoot with .410 shot shells or 45 Colt. I had problems with shooting 250 grain lead cowboy loads because it wanted to lead the barrel but now I only shoot jacketed bullets.

(Montgomery County)

I have the 2 1/2". I love it.
    If you are gong through Hell, keep going.--Winston Churchill

3 Inch chamber 3 inch barrell
    This Space For Rent

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by WVBob View Post
    Dude, get the 3in. That way if you want to fire 2 1/2 in it you can. You can't fire 3in in a 2 1/2. Plus, I've never seen slugs in 2 1/2in.
    Maybe I'm missing something here, why would you want to shoot .410 shotgun slugs when you could just use 45 Colts and probably be more accurate?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by briang View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, why would you want to shoot .410 shotgun slugs when you could just use 45 Colts and probably be more accurate?
    000 buckshot, thats the cool thing about it. you can double tap it which will essentially fire 10 lead balls, each equivalent to a .357. then you can have 3 hot .45 colt loads in the other chambers. with the 2.5 chamber, a double tap will release 6 instead of 10. slugs would just be for fun i guess, not for carry loads.

There should be novelty ammo in .410 just because of The Judge. It would be sooo cool to have 5 different rounds in each chamber like, .45 colt, 000 buckshot, darts, bird bombs, and dragons breath. The later i'm not sure would work in a revolver, but it would be cool!

(Montgomery County)

I understand about the buckshot. WVBob specifically mentioned not being able to fire slugs out of the 2.5" and I don't see why you would even want to do that.

(Lancaster County)

Federal makes a 2 1/2 inch 4 pellet 000 buck load.

http://www.federalpremium.com/produc...ot.aspx?id=848

(York County)

i've heard that you can't shoot hot .45 colt loads out of the ultra lite but you can in the 3 inch chamber magnum. is this true? if so i think i'll go with the 3 inch chamber.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast