Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHOOO HOOOO!!!

(Lebanon County)

Default WHOOO HOOOO!!!

Paid off ALL my credit cards today!!!! I have NO bills AND money left over to boot!

Now, what to buy?

Geeze I want so much...I am buying my two youngest each a Cricket, one pink! For my lil baby girl. One brown lami for my2 y/o..

But I want a toy for myself too. I really want a 10/22 but I am looking at 500.oo for agood starter. Thats the T with good scope and mounts.

How refreshing it is to pay off all the cc and the Jeep!! I never even dreamed of this day, I just thought it was WAAAAY off in the future when the kids were grown!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: WHOOO HOOOO!!!

Congrats!! That's a huge accomplishment. Being debt free is a great thing. I think you'll be surprised how much money you have now.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher67 View Post
    Now, what to buy?
    Nothing! Spend the next few months saving before you start buying new toys.

(Jefferson County)

Congrats!

I paid one off a couple months ago. The rest of my CC's and other debts will be gone in the next 5-20 years. lol

(Allegheny County)

How refreshing it is to pay off all the cc and the Jeep!! I never even dreamed of this day, I just thought it was WAAAAY off in the future when the kids were grown!!
    I was there once, only had the mortgage left. Then I discovered that the wife didn't know how to curtail spending. . . .

My advice? Keep one card with the largest credit line for emergencies. Usually, those things that you can't plan for like a new roof or your Jeep's engine explodes. Then take that one card, seal it in an envelope, put the envelope in an ammo can, bury the ammo can in the back yard, and plant a tree on top of it.

Right on! Im working on that myself actually but yeah, dude save your money!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWinger View Post
    I was there once, only had the mortgage left. Then I discovered that the wife didn't know how to curtail spending. . . .

My advice? Keep one card with the largest credit line for emergencies. Usually, those things that you can't plan for like a new roof or your Jeep's engine explodes. Then take that one card, seal it in an envelope, put the envelope in an ammo can, bury the ammo can in the back yard, and plant a tree on top of it.
    Hey, don't even say that!!!!!! She's a good girl and only 7 yrs old! Knocking on wood holding rabbits foot!

Ihave the mortgage and the obligitory house bills but thats it now! It was kind of disposable money (investments) wasn't really expecting it anyway! Wasn't much, but enough to pay off the CC's and get the kiddos their first guns, thats priority, isn't it!!!

Paid off ALL my credit cards today!!!! I have NO bills AND money left over to boot!

Now, what to buy?

Geeze I want so much...I am buying my two youngest each a Cricket, one pink! For my lil baby girl. One brown lami for my2 y/o..

But I want a toy for myself too. I really want a 10/22 but I am looking at 500.oo for agood starter. Thats the T with good scope and mounts.

Congrats
    Its nice isn't it?? I paid off my final school loan yesterday. Only thing I owe on is my Xterra and even though I have the cash to do it, I am not paying that off. Paid off all 4 student loans and my car.

Now to just find someone to do all the house crap I want done
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjames_71 View Post
    Congrats
    Its nice isn't it?? I paid off my final school loan yesterday. Only thing I owe on is my Xterra and even though I have the cash to do it, I am not paying that off. Paid off all 4 student loans and my car.

Now to just find someone to do all the house crap I want done
    Yes, thats my thing, I got plenty of work (projects) around the house that we want to do. Today's my wifes Bday and for her gift hse wants me to build my sons room on the third floor, I guess thats not much to ask since she is OLD now! I want to remove the elaborate landscaping that the previous owners left here, its just too much for us to handle with three kids and work. I just want to mow grass and not have to worry about if this is a plant or weed!!!
    Congrats on the school loan!

Yes, thats my thing, I got plenty of work (projects) around the house that we want to do. Today's my wifes Bday and for her gift hse wants me to build my sons room on the third floor, I guess thats not much to ask since she is OLD now! I want to remove the elaborate landscaping that the previous owners left here, its just too much for us to handle with three kids and work. I just want to mow grass and not have to worry about if this is a plant or weed!!!
    Congrats on the school loan!

Happy BD to her and I hope she didnt read your post

Yeah I gotta re-do my basement: just need new drywall (god awful paneling), new lighting, and new carpets. And need to paint the upstairs. All of which I don't do anymore

Good luck with the room
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast