Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I'm listening to MY constituents ...

... so long as they vote for ME and MY CRONIES.

Listen to this elected asshat:

More here: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/277283

Allegations of "astroturfing" by Dems at other town hall meetings: http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/0...-astroturfing/
    Last edited by King 5.45; August 10th, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: I'm listening to MY constituents ...

Opps. you Do live in my district? Ugg. you are like a real doctor? Oh. You Did call my office? He He He. Thats priceless!

Looks like he had a planned response to anyone who brought up the health care issue.... and it backfired....

Also I am tired of these senators and house members and obama acting like they know more about health care then actual doctors do.

(Mercer County)

what a piece of shit. he turns livid as soon as a relevant complaint comes up... pisses him off he doesnt get to spout off all his pre-set talking points, and walk to the car feeling like he's "got this"
    http://www.io.com/~velte/quotes.htm

"...a Man that hath a Sword by his side, shall have least occasion to make use of it."
    John Trenchard

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by archangel689 View Post
    Also I am tired of these senators and house members and obama acting like they know more about health care then actual doctors do.
    Doctors are an interest group just like any other.

I do believe this guy fell apart once his talking points were run over, however.

(Montgomery County)

I can't believe that story was on an actual local media outlet that wasn't a fox network. WOW The tide may be finally turning ( I doubt it but it's a nice thought)

(Lehigh County)

Seriously though.. The screaming heads coming to these townhalls are HORRIBLE examples, and doing more damage to their "cause" then helping it.

Make your entire movement look like a bunch of loon's and your movement suffers. Even if it's goals are admirable.. Just like the Pro-2nd amendment fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Seriously though.. The screaming heads coming to these townhalls are HORRIBLE examples, and doing more damage to their "cause" then helping it.

Make your entire movement look like a bunch of loon's and your movement suffers. Even if it's goals are admirable.. Just like the Pro-2nd amendment fight.
    Unless, of course, the people being sent into the town halls, an hour ahead of schedule, are unemployed, bought and paid for UAW hacks with nothing better to do for a few hours than ram their noses up a machine Dem pol's backside:

(Northampton County)

To be honest I think we have a lot of elected buffoons off balance. Their little prepared "townhall" meetings haven't exactly been going off without a hitch.

People are starting to stand up and shout (sometimes a little too loudly) that this government is on a road we don't approve of.

A lot of the people seem to be first time activists. Having never contacted their elected officials before. They seem to be letting their emotions get the better of them.

What we need is a true townhall meeting where everyone is welcome, no staging, no pre-written questions to be chosen from. No teleprompters.

We need people who know what they are talking about and can keep a cool head to debate these idiots. Keep them on their heels and don't back down.

Don't let them tapdance around questions and no non answers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's gonna be an interesting few years.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    Unless, of course, the people being sent into the town halls, an hour ahead of schedule, are unemployed, bought and paid for UAW hacks with nothing better to do for a few hours than ram their noses up a machine Dem pol's backside
    Or this gem.

The gist: women walks into a town hall, says "I'm just a mom down from down the street" and "not affiliated with a party" and then repeats that claim to the newscrew filming it.

Who then googles her, and checks out her linkedin page, and finds that she's the former vice-chair of the local Republican party and worked on the campaign for the guy that lost to the congresscritter who she astroturfed.

I'll say it again: astroturfing is stupid, regardless of which side does it.

Think of it this way: if you show up at a town hall and boo/yell/scream/confront a congresscritter, do you really think it changes their mind? They have probably surmised, by that behavior, that you don't intend on voting for them. The trick then becomes convincing your neighbors who might that the congresscritter is wrong on health care, which is much harder to do if they think you are affiliated with the whackjobs who show up and start screaming.
    Last edited by pyld; August 11th, 2009 at 01:25 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast