Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default South Carolina Reciprocity

South Carolina gov. signs reciprocity bill...

Any one know of some further reading that could be done on this? Specifically whether or not PA would be included.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4026

Sounds like we're making some progress in all this talk of woe with the new elections...hopefully we can keep this going, and get the National/State Parks decisions as well.

Default Re: South Carolina Reciprocity

Quote Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
    South Carolina gov. signs reciprocity bill...

Any one know of some further reading that could be done on this? Specifically whether or not PA would be included.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4026

Sounds like we're making some progress in all this talk of woe with the new elections...hopefully we can keep this going, and get the National/State Parks decisions as well.
    Sounds like it won't have anything to do with PA residents
    South Carolina will now grant reciprocity with other states, provided that the reciprocal state requires an applicant to successfully pass a criminal background check and a course in firearm training and safety
    Utah and FL will most likely be good to go though.

Yes, that was the part I was afraid of...no PA required training courses to get a permit.

I've read on other boards that there was a list of 13 or so states, and someone mentioned that PA may have been one, but I can't find a link to it, so I figured I'd ask around here.

(Lancaster County)

It doesn't sound like they are going to honor out of state non-resident permits.

"Valid out-of-state permits to carry concealable weapons held by a resident of a reciprocal state must be honored by this State, provided, that the reciprocal state requires an applicant to successfully pass a criminal background check and a course in firearm training and safety. A resident of a reciprocal state carrying a concealable weapon in South Carolina is subject to and must abide by the laws of South Carolina regarding concealable weapons. SLED shall maintain and publish a list of those states as the states with which South Carolina has reciprocity."