Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Situational Awareness

My teenaged daughter was on her way home from a softball game the other night, with 2-3 other girls from the team. They stopped at a convenience store to grab drinks. Apparently they were dinking around with the slushy machine and picking out snacks when 5 or 6 males came in the door. They all split up with one staying near the door. She said they were wearing gang banger type clothes. My daughter picked up on their behaivior immediately and told the other girls to hustle it up, they needed to get out of there RIGHT NOW. They did and when they were in their car and headed down the road, she explained what she saw to get her in such an urgent mood. They were oblivious that other people even came in the store.

While I have talked to her about situational awareness, personal safety, even enrolled her in two GOOD self defense classes, and taught her how to shoot, I never expected her to react as well as she did. Maybe she over reacted, but maybe not. The important thing is her spidey sense tingled and she responded appropriately to get herself and her friends out of the area.

Now if I could only get her to clean her damn room!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Situational Awareness

Great training.....As you are aware SA is the #1 Self defense weapon.

(Pike County)

Good for her!

Great for you, she is listening to what you are teaching!

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in PA View Post
    My teenaged daughter was on her way home from a softball game the other night, with 2-3 other girls from the team. They stopped at a convenience store to grab drinks. Apparently they were dinking around with the slushy machine and picking out snacks when 5 or 6 males came in the door. They all split up with one staying near the door. She said they were wearing gang banger type clothes. My daughter picked up on their behaivior immediately and told the other girls to hustle it up, they needed to get out of there RIGHT NOW. They did and when they were in their car and headed down the road, she explained what she saw to get her in such an urgent mood. They were oblivious that other people even came in the store.

While I have talked to her about situational awareness, personal safety, even enrolled her in two GOOD self defense classes, and taught her how to shoot, I never expected her to react as well as she did. Maybe she over reacted, but maybe not. The important thing is her spidey sense tingled and she responded appropriately to get herself and her friends out of the area.

Hell no she was right on the money!!!!!! She noticed a possible threat, judged the situation. She felt it was safest to vacate the scene she did and all is well. Good kid! Great judgment call, you did well with her.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in PA View Post

You apparently trained her very well! Rep sent!

(Pike County)

Good job for her!

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Excellent!
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Susquehanna County)

Smart girl. Good reactions

(Dauphin County)

thats great to hear !!

forget about the room its a total loss till she moves out !!
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Chester County)

Ya both done good!
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast