Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Bill to dock lawmakers pay until budget is passed...

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/240352

I wonder if it would actually have any impact should it even get passed. (I won't hold my breath of course but one can dream, right?)

I did hear that the hotline numbers that state employees have to complain at the federal level are reporting that they are getting more then 1500 calls a day. GOOD! I hope the calls keep coming!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Bill to dock lawmakers pay until budget is passed...

i honestly think that state employees should just stop going to work until they start getting paid again.

it would take about 1 day before the legislature and governor agreed to something to resolve the issue of somehow paying actually necessary state workers.

yes, there would be serious ramifications involved in having some types of state workers not reporting for work. but, that's the point...their not reporting for work would force the state to cut unneeded expenses or raise taxes (the latter of which many legislators would be very reluctant to do, so i think it would be a great way to force the state to cut the crap).

expecting people to work without getting paid is absurd.
    F*S=k

(Lebanon County)

Judging from the news coverage, Sick Eddie is blaming the Congress for not sending him anything, yet he says he won't sign anything that's not "reasonable" his code for having a tax increase. The Republican's in BOTH houses, and the Democrats in the House are refusing the Tax increase, so the only hold up is the Dem in the Senate and his royal highness the Gov.

Lord how they hate the common working man.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/240352

I wonder if it would actually have any impact should it even get passed. (I won't hold my breath of course but one can dream, right?)

I did hear that the hotline numbers that state employees have to complain at the federal level are reporting that they are getting more then 1500 calls a day. GOOD! I hope the calls keep coming!
    This bill is a good idea, but not now.

Ex post facto law is always a bad idea. Once the budget is passed, THEN the bill should be introduced, and if passed, made applicable from next legislative session on forward.

The phone calls, well, too bad, so sad for them. Maybe if they did what the law required and balanced the budget just once in the last 7 years there wouldn't be a problem. Rendell and his cronies in the Assembly have tried to hijack the budget process every year since he's been in office.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    i honestly think that state employees should just stop going to work until they start getting paid again.

it would take about 1 day before the legislature and governor agreed to something to resolve the issue of somehow paying actually necessary state workers.

yes, there would be serious ramifications involved in having some types of state workers not reporting for work. but, that's the point...their not reporting for work would force the state to cut unneeded expenses or raise taxes (the latter of which many legislators would be very reluctant to do, so i think it would be a great way to force the state to cut the crap).

expecting people to work without getting paid is absurd.
    Dear LRT,
    Your idea has a lot of merit but there is a serious flaw. If you are a state worker and not getting paid at the moment, you will at least get paid all your days when the budget is finally passed, hence the concept of continuing to show up for work. I have a friend in New Jersey who has to choose 7 days in the next year when he will be furloughed. For those days he will not be paid at all. It will save NJ a bunch of money. Am I inconvenienced by not getting paid at the moment? Oh, yeah. But it is better to have the pay coming in late as opposed to missed time.
    Thank goodness my spouse does not work for the state.
    It does get old each year wondering how long the legislature and the govenor will "play chicken" holding out to try to get their agenda covered.