Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Does anyone in the Lehigh Valley own these guns?

I'm still doing research for my first pistol. I already shot a few pistols that I am considering. There are still a few pistols that I would like to try out before I make my final decision. I already spoke to some people who have them, but they are pretty far away. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of traveling to other counties just to try out different guns. The guns that I haven't tried out yet are the:

Ruger P95
    Berreta 92FS, 90Two
    CZ-75 and variants
    FNP9
    Taurus Millennium Pro
    Stoegar Cougar 8000

Is there anyone in the Lehigh Valley who would be willing to let me test-fire these guns? I would bring my own ammo. I am a complete novice when it comes to pistol shooting, so my aim isn't that good. If possible, I would like to meet at an outdoor range (member @ Alburtis). I was at the Firing line, and the guy at the counter got really pissed off with my aim. I'm kind of reluctant to go back since it was a pretty hostile place, especially for a beginner.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Does anyone in the Lehigh Valley own these guns?

You may do better to obtain some NRA-training in handling n safety first - BEFORE unfamiliar handling - any local friends that can provide lessons?

Or, if time allows - always happy to assist another future RKBAer..........pM me for more info.

Oh ---to add to your list- all in 9mm

Beretta - a 92FS variant - Border Marshall - similar to FS - but heavier Brigadier Slide

Sig 225
    Kahr PM9

THose 3 will give you a feel for large/medium/small in the handgun category

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by etep513 View Post
    I'm still doing research for my first pistol. I already shot a few pistols that I am considering. There are still a few pistols that I would like to try out before I make my final decision. I already spoke to some people who have them, but they are pretty far away. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of traveling to other counties just to try out different guns. The guns that I haven't tried out yet are the:

Ruger P95
    Berreta 92FS, 90Two
    CZ-75 and variants
    FNP9
    Taurus Millennium Pro
    Stoegar Cougar 8000

Is there anyone in the Lehigh Valley who would be willing to let me test-fire these guns? I would bring my own ammo. I am a complete novice when it comes to pistol shooting, so my aim isn't that good. If possible, I would like to meet at an outdoor range (member @ Alburtis). I was at the Firing line, and the guy at the counter got really pissed off with my aim. I'm kind of reluctant to go back since it was a pretty hostile place, especially for a beginner.
    If your ever comin to Philly let me know. I have the 92fs.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohn26 View Post
    You may do better to obtain some NRA-training in handling n safety first - BEFORE unfamiliar handling - any local friends that can provide lessons?
    I was only with him about 20 minutes but he seemed pretty safe. YES, he still should get some safety training since he is new to handguns and they are much more dangerous to handle than rifles, etc. I'm only mentioning it because of that Firing Line thread, didn't want anyone to think the guy is not safe to be around. He seems fine.

I am the guy who is always catching my buddies and chastizing them over gun handling. Guys that have WAY more handgun handling experience and skills than I do, and they are much safer than anybody I meet at the range. Well, this weekend at a class the instructors caught two safety issues in my technique. I'm sure I will find more. Learning safety never ends. And relearning is important as well.

(Berks County)

I have a Stoegar Cougar 8000 i'll let you shoot. I'm not a member at Alburtis though. I can meet you there if they don't mind guests.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohn26 View Post

Or, if time allows - always happy to assist another future RKBAer..........pM me for more info.

Oh ---to add to your list- all in 9mm

Beretta - a 92FS variant - Border Marshall - similar to FS - but heavier Brigadier Slide

Sig 225
    Kahr PM9

THose 3 will give you a feel for large/medium/small in the handgun category
    Thanks, I sent you a PM, so check your inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    If your ever comin to Philly let me know. I have the 92fs.
    I'm not sure yet, but I might be there on the 8th (my birthday). I'll have to double check to see if I will be in Philly on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by filter View Post
    I have a Stoegar Cougar 8000 i'll let you shoot. I'm not a member at Alburtis though. I can meet you there if they don't mind guests.
    Thanks, I also sent you a PM.