Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss

Default Weight loss

I've decided that Im finally going to work at losing this extra weight I put on since I stopped skateboarding in high school. Im not going to blame anything but myself...Im looking to drop this weight once and for all and change how I look at food and living.

With that being said, has anyone here lost more than 50 pounds in say...a years time? Ideall I want to lose 100+, but everything in due time.

I've made the immediate decision to stop drinking pepsi and coke, I feel that this will make a big difference by itself.

Before I sit down to play video games or something at night, I plan to do XX amount of some exercise that I can do easily in the living room as a "fee" to play..same with computer time that isn't work related.

I also plan to at least do some stretches in the morning.

The food is what's going to kill me.

I need to plan out healthy and tasty lunches for the office that wont leave me want more (at first).

Any suggestions - obviously there's the lunchmeat/cheese bread solution. But there's no way I can stand that every day of every week.

Ideas? stories to share? advice?

I want to hit group shoot 36 anywhere from 50-100 pounds lighter.

Default Re: Weight loss

You would be amazed if you sat down and counted how many calories in pop you may consume in a normal day. Drink water.

Turkey, lettuce, light mayo on whole wheat with a side of cottage cheese for lunch. It's not as bad as it sounds.

If you're a beer drinker switch to light (if you haven't) and cut back..
    Just a simple walk at lunch time can make a big difference.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Venango County)

the lower carb thing worked really, really well for me,
    lite beer, skim milk, way less noodles, bread, and processed sugars....

the fat cannot be stored without the sugar, Carbs are complex sugars, Flour is Complex carb amplified by processing.....ergo( I always think of Kelly Bundy when I use that word) anything with lots of flour our processed sugar makes you store fat,

I dropped 40+ pounds in 6 months, and have kept it off nicely, ( I would be even smaller if my wife was still on it with me....)

hardest part is a quick lunch.....most lower carb stuff is more complex than a simple sandwich...

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

Quote Originally Posted by markheck1 View Post
    the lower carb thing worked really, really well for me,
    lite beer, skim milk, way less noodles, bread, and processed sugars....

the fat cannot be stored without the sugar, Carbs are complex sugars, Flour is Complex carb amplified by processing.....ergo( I always think of Kelly Bundy when I use that word) anything with lots of flour our processed sugar makes you store fat,

I dropped 40+ pounds in 6 months, and have kept it off nicely, ( I would be even smaller if my wife was still on it with me....)

hardest part is a quick lunch.....most lower carb stuff is more complex than a simple sandwich...
    So what's your suggestion for lunches then? Good job on the loss btw...40 in 6 months would be a win in my book!

(Venango County)

that's what sucks, I don't take lunch, usually just eat and work.

Sandwiches on Whole grain, they do make low carb bread, but the difference is small, ya gotta watch, a lot of that crap is just marketing....look at cool whip , and diet cool whip difference is minimal....

easiest is meat and cheese stuffs.......I liked rollups (roll some lunchmeat with cheese in a roll)

hamburgers with no bun, etc.....

Leftovers from dinner if ya have a Microwave....

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Mercer County)

I lost 40 pounds in three months by jogging three miles per day, three days per week. I started off with a time around 29 minutes and ended around 21 minutes. I didn't change a thing about how or what I ate.

I don't know how old you are, but I was about 23 when I did that. I wanted to drop my college weight and then some. I went from 195 to 155 (I'm 6' tall, BTW).

After a decade of riding a desk, I'm now up to *cough* 240 *cough* so I plan on running as soon as global warming (aka "summer") starts. In the meantime, I'm trying to eat less and do small exercises like crunches and pushups.

Good luck, man...

(Monroe County)

What are you working with currently? I've dropped 30+ pounds in about 6 months before and now I'm working on dropping about 60 pounds with a target of approx 1 year... we'll see what happens. Short term goals are important, as is the dedication to doing what you need.

You'll lose some weight by just fixing your diet but chances are unless you just added the weight recently then you are going to need a lot of exercise to get the weight to start coming really coming off.

Stop drinking the soda ASAP, its liquid shit, same with Beer. Start chugging water like its going out of style. A gallon of ice water a day will burn a good 70+ calories. but you'll be pissin a lot

Also up the number of times you eat a day, celery is a great snack, some yogurts are as low as 70 calories and make a very firm "no eating" time in the evening.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    What are you working with currently? I've dropped 30+ pounds in about 6 months before and now I'm working on dropping about 60 pounds with a target of approx 1 year... we'll see what happens. Short term goals are important, as is the dedication to doing what you need.

You'll lose some weight by just fixing your diet but chances are unless you just added the weight recently then you are going to need a lot of exercise to get the weight to start coming really coming off.

Stop drinking the soda ASAP, its liquid shit, same with Beer. Start chugging water like its going out of style. A gallon of ice water a day will burn a good 70+ calories. but you'll be pissin a lot

Also up the number of times you eat a day, celery is a great snack, some yogurts are as low as 70 calories and make a very firm "no eating" time in the evening.
    Christ man, Im huge, just under 300....heaviest Ive ever been.

Starting off with 10 pound loss goal, then another 10 and then another 10 and so on and so forth. Realistic goals will make a world of difference.

We have a gym here at work I plan to start using.

(Bucks County)

Much has to do with genetics but much also with what you do and what you eat. I'm 40+ <cough> and about +10/15 lbs over what I was at 21.

Breakfast = Egg Whites, Wheat Toast, Yogurt
    Lunch = Salad with Chicken, Pasta and whatever else you like such as tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, etc. Fat free dressing.
    Dinner = Chicken / Fish and pasta and whatever veggie you like
    Snacks = nuts, fruit, veggies.

I'm lucky that if given the choice I would eat as I do because I like it all. Key is to not let it be a chore. For example, if you like pizza then eat it. Figure 90% eating right and 10% eating crap. Even a trip to BK should not be a big deal as long as you order a Whopper with no mayo.

Next to consider is your lifesyle. You do need to move and get your heart moving.

(Lehigh County)

you need to figure out your BMI body mass index. You have to take in a certain amount of calories a day or your body will hold all energy to prevent it from using muscle for energy. You need to estimate your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the amount of energy used by your body to stay alive. To calculate, you take your weight in pounds and divide it by 2.2 to convert to kilograms. Then multiply that number by 1 kilocalorie times 1 hour.

ex. If you weigh 175 pounds, you weigh 79.5 kilograms

79.5 kg X 1kcal per kg body weight per hour= 79.5 kcal per hour

79.5 kcal per hour X 24 hours in one day= 1,909 kcal per day just to stay alive!!

So you need to take in at least 1900 calories to stay alive, so moderate and count calories and try to incorporate some exercise, even 30 mins a day will make a difference! I wouldn't go below 2000 calories no matter what.

(My wife is a nutrition/nursing major)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast