Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Anyone want a Lebanon County group shoot/picnic?

Anyone up for a group shoot/picnic in Lebanon County?
    I can reserve Jonestown Fish & Game for a day for our exclusive use for a very reasonable fee.
    We can have a picnic as well as a group shoot and make a day of it.
    We will need to generate enough interest before I make the commitment and put down the deposit.
    I'm thinking that sometime mid June would be good. I don't want to take anything away from the open carry picnic, nor do I want to get too close to Memorial day or Independence day. June 15th is Fathers Day, that weekend is about midway between the 2 major ones and sounds like a good weekend to me, should I check on availability for that Saturday or Sunday? What other suggestions or input do you have?
    I'm thinking about typical picnic menu, burgers, dogs, chips, etc. as well as sandwiches that someone said he would like to make. (Dextrimental).
    We will need someone to provide one or more cooking grill(s), gas, charcoal, or both. I have a gas grill to contribute as well as about a half bag of charcoal briquettes. (There is an electric stove in the clubhouse, but if conditions are such that we need to resort to that, I expect the turnout would be very poor).
    There is cold running water in the clubhouse, the restroom facility is an outhouse. (But it's a nice one, 2 holes for each gender!)
    Well disciplined children of appropriate age to participate in shooting would be welcome. There aren't really any activities for children, we would want to promote safety and shooting, not fun & games, although Frisbee and other picnic games would be acceptable (There is an open area near the clubhouse and away from the range).

Give me some feedback so I know if I should pursue the idea, and if so, what would be the favored date?
    Feel free to ask questions and add input.
    If we make a decision to commit, I'll ask a moderator to move this thread to the "Events" section or lock this one and I'll start a new one.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Anyone want a Lebanon County group shoot/picnic?

i would be interested.
    i've heard the facility is nice.
    Last edited by brian; April 9th, 2008 at 09:28 AM.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Lebanon County)

This would be something I'd be very interested in. Although June is a busy month for my line of work, and would almost make it impossible for me unless the event took place on a Sunday. Though if my schedule allows for me to be there I could bring a charcoal grill along.

Brad

(Lebanon County)

Count me in. 10min from my house, this is a winner.

(Lebanon County)

I'm in too. Any date should be fine.
    Last edited by TheBuckslayer; April 9th, 2008 at 12:28 AM.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan

(Dauphin County)

count me in also

(Lebanon County)

It doesn't show in the thread, but our count is up to 9.
    My oldest son will be there too, maybe I can get my Daughter's boyfriend out for his first shoot that day too.
    (He's never been around guns, we'l have to break him in gently).
    Anyone else have someone that you want to introduce to shooting?
    Coax them with food, it might work.
    I'm thinking about buying a turkey and getting it smoked, but we're gonna need a few more people if we're gonna eat a whole bird. And I'll have to know in plenty of time to be sure it's ready.

nijwnfi, if you see Kevin before I do, ask him if he wants to join us, Josh should be healed up enough to shoot by then too. (I know he'll respond to food, even if he can't shoot.)
    Maybe we could talk Charlie & Anne into coming out with the 50 cal. and the machine gun.
    These are both a lot of fun fun to shoot.

Derek, you see Charlie more than I do, would you mind saying something to him?

(Lebanon County)

Charlie and Anne would be a great addition. He'd be more than curious if he heard all the gun fire down there! What about Dutch? Do you think that he would be interested in coming?

Brad

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
    Charlie and Anne would be a great addition. He'd be more than curious if he heard all the gun fire down there! What about Dutch? Do you think that he would be interested in coming?

Brad
    As often as I see Dutch there, I've never seen him with a gun. He's always cleaning up aroung the shooting benches and looking for someone to B.S. with.
    It wouldn't hurt to ask, it's always nice to have someone to make me feel better about how "little" I swear.
    If a couple of us ask him, he just might show up.
    I'm having second thoughts about your offer to make sandwiches though. You go to a restaurant with a menu as big and varried as we had last weekend and you get liver & onions!
    Gimme a break!!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    As often as I see Dutch there, I've never seen him with a gun. He's always cleaning up aroung the shooting benches and looking for someone to B.S. with.
    It wouldn't hurt to ask, it's always nice to have someone to make me feel better about how "little" I swear.
    If a couple of us ask him, he just might show up.
    I'm having second thoughts about your offer to make sandwiches though. You go to a restaurant with a menu as big and varried as we had last weekend and you get liver & onions!
    Gimme a break!!
    I couldn't decide on what I wanted. New restaurants mess with my taste buds like that. Then I heard John say "liver an onions". Me being the guy that loves liver. I couldn't pass it up. I told our waitress I'll have the exact same thing he is having. Boy it was good!

Brad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast