Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Done

Default Done

I purchased a shotgun from a PAFOA member a few days ago. I paid and he mailed it straight to my door. I received it today, and immediately began to inspect it. I loaded shells into the magazine tube, and the shotgun fails to load shells into the chamber. I immediately sent a message to the seller and am awaiting a response.

Should I strip it down and reassemble it, hoping this fixes the issue? The seller disassembled the shotgun but has not fired it. I feel at this point that I should wait to here back from the seller so the gun is in the EXACT condition as when I received it. I also have a lifetime warranty card, but I really don't want to have to mail a shotgun to the factory (if I can't fix it) immediately after purchasing it.
    Last edited by VeritasAequitas; March 18th, 2013 at 06:16 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Need Advice Please

What kind of shotgun? Pump? Can you get slide to operate? If not, have you tried depressing the slide release? ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THE GUN IS EMPTY? Read that last question again, twice! Have you tried pulling the trigger WHILE POINTING THE GUN IN A SAFE DIRECTION? Some pumps do not release the slide until either the gun is 'fired' or someone depresses the slide release button.

Not knowing your level of experience and with no other info given, those are the first things I'd check.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    What kind of shotgun? Pump? Can you get slide to operate? If not, have you tried depressing the slide release? ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THE GUN IS EMPTY? Read that last question again, twice! Have you tried pulling the trigger WHILE POINTING THE GUN IN A SAFE DIRECTION? Some pumps do not release the slide until either the gun is 'fired' or someone depresses the slide release button.

Not knowing your level of experience and with no other info given, those are the first things I'd check.
    Quoted for thuth. I had a chinese 870 knockoff and the manual wasn't very easy to follow. I had no prior experance with pump shotguns so I had to figure it out myself with snap caps. I thought it was broken a couple times untill I realized I missed something.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post

It is a pump shotgun. The slide operates flawlessly, and I fired the weapon after ensuring that it was empty. Everything appears to be operating as it should, except for the shells not being loaded into the chamber. I THINK it's a simple reassembly issue, but I'm wary of disassembling and reassembling before being in contact with the seller. Also, I checked the warranty information and the seller would have to send it in.

I appreciate the responses---I don't want to put the seller's name public as he hasn't had a chance to resolve this. I'm just a bit lost as to the protocol here.

(Delaware County)

When you pull the slide back does a round leave the tube?

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    When you pull the slide back does it grab a round?
    No it does not.

(Bucks County)

What kind of gun?

Ask the seller first. Then go from there.

Then depending on seller, maybe fix yourself. Usually shotguns are easy to fix.

(Delaware County)

I would guess there may be a problem with the magazine spring but I am not at all adept at fixing shotguns.

It appears that the loading gate is not moving correctly. I'll try to post a video or pictures in a bit to better illustrate the problem.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by VeritasAequitas View Post

I appreciate the responses---I don't want to put the seller's name public as he hasn't had a chance to resolve this. I'm just a bit lost as to the protocol here.
    Even if you put his name out there. Not really something it seems he maliciously sold. So no harm imo. Gotta be an easy fix.

I think see what you can figure out with it and see what he offers. Other than that you can't get water from a dry well most of the time. So if he doesn't offer I'm not sure his liability other than being a good person.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast