Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Night Sights for Kahr CW series.....finally

So I jumped the gun early this year and bought a Karh CW45. I love the gun, but wanted night sights for it. Lo and behold, no night sights available for this series.

Today I get an email from Kahr....and guess what? They are selling Trijicons for the CW series on their website. Within 2 minutes I had my order placed.

Nice gun for the price, I have my night sights for $80 (well, they are coming!!)

Any other Kahr owners on here?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Night Sights for Kahr CW series.....finally

Yes I'm a Kahr owner. I bought a CW45 also and love it and I'm gllad to hear about the night sights. HHHHHMMMMMMM, maybe a Christmas gift in the works. Anyhow glad to hear there are other Kahr owners out there. I've had a P9 for years and loved it. Traded it in for it's big brother. about a week ago. Oh well, good luck and God bless, Kevin

Thanks for the heads up. I was considering dovetailing in a front sight just for interchangeability, now I might just get replacement sights.

(Allegheny County)

Website says it fits all CWs...?

Tritium Trijicon night sight set for CW Series pistols. Kit comes with front and rear sights, installation screw, torx driver, Loctite, and instructions. Fits all CW series pistols.

New style has slightly different dovetail for the rear site, the front site is still staked. I have a CW9 with the "new style slide" dimple marking as seen below in the following link. Sounds like the stakes (melted plastic) front site are replaced with a small torx screw. About time they implemented that.

See this page to know which slide you have:
    http://www.kahrshop.com/slidecomparison.html

ETA: Forgot to mention I think I will get a set!

OOh they also now have the FiberOptic sites for the CW series.....damn what to get?!
    Last edited by falcn; November 28th, 2009 at 10:24 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAfarmboy View Post
    So I jumped the gun early this year and bought a Karh CW45. I love the gun, but wanted night sights for it. Lo and behold, no night sights available for this series.

Today I get an email from Kahr....and guess what? They are selling Trijicons for the CW series on their website. Within 2 minutes I had my order placed.

Nice gun for the price, I have my night sights for $80 (well, they are coming!!)

Any other Kahr owners on here?
    Did they get to you yet? It's been two weeks....eagerly awaiting the review/updated pictures of your gun
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Franklin County)

Yes they did. I got them in 3 days after placing the order. you cant beat that. The front sight was a very easy installation. Now the rear sight....that was a pain. They say in the instructions, DO NOT USE A PUNCH. Well, there was no other way they were coming out. So it was a brass punch and small hammer. Just as tight with the Trijicons going back in, had to "punch" them back in. BUT, I love this gun now. measured the space on each side and "slid" til it was centered. And it shoots point of aim every time.

Love this gun now. Liked it before, love it now

(Allegheny County)

Maybe they want you to use a sight "press" to get the rear sight out.

How about a review for us of the installation process for the front?

Is it simply to cut off the flares of the stakes, and replace the front sight using screws?

Can we have pictures of the slide and of the gun with the sights?

I am going to be getting a set as I really like 3-dot over the bar dot and do want night sights for my CW since it is my carry gun.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Franklin County)

Ill see if I can get some pics of it somehow.

Front sight installation:
    First, remove the stock plastic sight. Pair of pliers, squeeze the sight and pull up. It actually pops out very easily. Second, take a small screwdriver or pick and clean up any leftover plastic in the 2 holes. Third, fill the new front sight screw hole with Red Loctite (supplied by Kahr). Fourth, place in holes and tighten screw.

It was really very easy, and I would say for the front sight it took 5 minutes tops.

Yes, if one had a sight press, the rear would probably be very easy too. But, im glad it was tight, no worries of it moving on me. Trijicons for $80, I dont think it can be beat.