Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default To taze or not to taze

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...stions/1215998

Sadly a 265lb man couldn't catch a 100lb female in handcuffs. Really?.. Sad...

"Florida has had 65 Taser-related deaths since 2001, the second highest total behind California, which had 92." -

I felt sick to my stomach when I heard her head hit the road!

(Berks County)

Default Re: To taze or not to taze

No opinions on this?.. I just saw this again on the news and felt sick to my stomach again. I'm alone on this?... backing away..backing away slowly from a dead end thread...

(Cambria County)

Yeah I was just watching this thing.... I cringed too.

Interesting, how in this situations, the LEO is almost always "cleared" of wrong doing. Hmmmmm.

Sure, she was the "bad guy". And she had a record. But, the cop was only a few feet from her and she was cuffed. Holy crap.

I say, take the LEO's tazer away......

and his donuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Chester County)

Virtually EVERY "Taser death" is directly attributed to the person having a heart condition, being borderline OD'ed on drugs, etc.

Taser has lost like 2 lawsuits where they couldn't prove that the device wasn't the cause of death.

Most every time though, the toxicology report explains what happened.

There is less amperage going through a Taser than there is in a x-mas tree light bulb.

(Perry County)

The problem I see here is that the Taser is being held up as being misused. Assume for a moment he ran her down and tackled her. With gear, he weighs three times what she weighs. She could easily be killed in the same manner having all that weight come down on her on the pavement.

It is a truly unfortunate set of circumstances. In most cases, forward momentum would have had her go face first to the ground. Since she was improperly cuffed in the front, she may have broken her fall with her hands. As it is she spun and came down backwards.

I don't think we can discount the fact that she was in custody and tried to flee from the police station. As others have said on many occasions: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Monroe County)

If he had handcuffed her to the chair or bench, she wouldn't have run very far. From the video he just looks lazy, 265lbs of fat(It sure wasn't muscle) doesn't go very fast unless its two for one at Dunkins.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    .....Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Bingo! Run from the Police and expect to be on the ground very shortly.

(Beaver County)

Results of the video are fully covered under the "bad shit happens when you act like an asshole" clause. And if you aren't sure just when that came into play, it was right before the handcuffed person tried to run away from the police. The cop summed it up nicely I thought... "what are you, stupid?" He left off "trying to run away after I cuffed you makes you an asshole."

I give this thread my GENE POOL IS BETTER OFF stamp of approval.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Berks County)

Unhappy Re: To taze or not to taze

"play stupid games win stupid prizes?" Do you really think this applies here? I guess it does when considering it seems to be the only logical answer left here at the forum. Maybe I just don't get it, but my heart goes out to her. I hope there are more out there that feel the way I do, regardless of what she has done.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by saturnx View Post
    "play stupid games win stupid prizes?" Do you really think this applies here? I guess it does when considering it seems to be the only logical answer left here at the forum. Maybe I just don't get it, but my heart goes out to her. I hope there are more out there that feel the way I do, regardless of what she has done.
    Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for her and her family. I just don't blame anyone but her for her misfortune.

Had she been cuffed to a wall or chair, she wouldn't have escaped. As it was a hit and run crash, the officer probably didn't figure she was going to run. A lot of times a cuffed arrestee will be sitting in the proximity of the officer as he completes his paperwork.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast