Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default MRE's not good enough for them?

I saw on the news last night that the gov't was giving bottled water and MRE's out to the Ike victims in Houston. They interviewed this one fat, black woman and she claimed that she had never eaten MRE's but thought they looked disgusting!

I immediately jumped off my chair and professed to my startled family that those MRE's are good enough for our brave fighting men and women in war zones across the middle east, but they are not good enough for her fat ass to eat for a few days? WTF? People should think before they open their mouths, especially on national TV! I'd be thankful if someone gave me a case of MRE's in a time of need...but I guess that's just me. [/rant]

(Chester County)

Default Re: MRE's not good enough for them?

what a bitch... im actively trying to find GI MRE's to purchase for myself and family at the moment and am having a hell of a time doing so... she should only be so lucky...

(Chester County)

I really can't stand when people affected by any tragedy get all incondsiderate and ungrateful. I mean, if you prepared better, we may not need to be giving you these MRE's to begin with. no, your fat ass ate all the stufts. good job.

If it looks so disgusting, give it back, there are plenty of homeless and starving children in Philly that would eat shit if you put it on a plate.

(Allegheny County)

all i know is that after a day of hiking 25 miles with an 80lb pack, MREs taste mighty damn good...

maybe that woman just needs to throw on a pack and go for a hike before eating her free MREs.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Angry Re: MRE's not good enough for them?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    all i know is that after a day of hiking 25 miles with an 80lb pack, MREs taste mighty damn good...

maybe that woman just needs to throw on a pack and go for a hike before eating her free MREs.
    I was thinking the same thing. I actually think MREs are pretty tasty. At least you don't need to drown them in hot sauce anymore to get some taste. I guess she would rather a $2,500 FEMA debit card so she could eat at KFC/McDonalds. I mean doesn't she have a RIGHT to eat what she wants? Shouldn't we supply her the means to that RIGHT since it is a time of need for her.

Grrrrr

(Delaware County)

They should force her to eat only MRE Cheese so she will need a C-Section for her next bowel movement...

anyone else remember the "ham and chicken loaf" that looked like pink and white particle board?
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    They should force her to eat only MRE Cheese so she will need a C-Section for her next bowel movement...

anyone else remember the "ham and chicken loaf" that looked like pink and white particle board?
    Cheese and peanut butter. You can't forget the peanut butter. That stuff was like shit cement.

If you opened the pouch right the ham and chicken loaf sort of looked like the dried mixed fruit. It kept the shape of the pouch. There is something wrong with food that retains the shape of the pouch even though it is not truely a solid.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    im actively trying to find GI MRE's to purchase for myself and family at the moment and am having a hell of a time doing so...
    i actually prefer the sopako MREs to the GI MREs.

(sopako is one supplier of GI MREs as well, and the MREs they sell in their "Sure Pak"s are basicaly the same as GI MREs, but you know where they've been and when they were made...and that you aren't breaking the law--or helping someone else break the law--by buying them. see www.mreinfo.com/us/mre/buying-mres.html)

you can get them with or without heaters.

http://www.mreinfo.com/civilian/mre/...-pak-mres.html
    www.crownpt.com/Surepak12.htm

also, mreinfo.com (a couple of the links above...is a good site for general MRE info).

at any rate, unless you specifically want GI MREs for some kind of "coolness" or collector-type reason (which is perfectly reasonable), i would suggest going with the sopako sure paks.

just my 2 cents.

(Westmoreland County)

(sopako is one supplier of GI MREs as well, and the MREs they sell in their "Sure Pak"s are basicaly the same as GI MREs, but you know where they've been and when they were made...and that you aren't breaking the law--or helping someone else break the law--by buying them. see www.mreinfo.com/us/mre/buying-mres.html)

www.mreinfo.com/civilian/mre/sopakco-sure-pak-mres.html

also, mreinfo.com (a couple of the links above...is a good site for general MRE info).

at any rate, unless you specifically want GI MREs for some kind of "coolness" or collector-type reason (which is perfectly reasonable), i would suggest going with the sopako sure paks.

just my 2 cents.
    Good info! Thanks for posting...

I sure would like to have this in my basement!

(Berks County)

http://www.mreinfo.com/civilian/mre/...-pak-mres.html

just my 2 cents.
    Hey thanks for that info. I've been trying to find some of these to put in a disaster/emergency supply kit. There are some that don't need to be frozen, I'm assuming?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast