Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default For anyone out in the Burgh

A woman who is very near and dear to me has written a touching book about a family's struggle with addiction. Libby was the Head of the Calverton School when I went there. Calverton is a very small private school in rural Maryland. Everyone knew everyone's business. Libby has two sons. Her oldest ended up addicted to heroin and went through a long trying period that almost destroyed him and their family.

The book Stay Close documents the struggle from the eyes of a mother. Reading the book I can't imagine what it must have been like for her, but I think this is a story that anyone effected by addiction will appreciate. It may help you make sense of things or just give you another perspective.

She has two things going on out there on Monday, August 24th. One is an interview on KDKA between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM. The other is a book signing and discussion at Joseph-Beth Booksellers, 2705 East Carson Street at 7:00 PM. If you go please tell her Drew Dymond suggested you go (she always called me Drew, and she is one of the few people I allowed to).

Even if you don't go or listen if you know anyone who has struggled with addiction this is a book that should be read and shared.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: For anyone out in the Burgh

I wanted to bump this for anyone in Pittsburgh. If you have any intersest in what an addict's family goes through check out the book or the events.