Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Snyder County)

Default Something that irks me a little...

Now, I am usually a pretty easy going guy. My brother is one to get upset over little things. And I have always looked at him and tried to better myself by not being like him (in this way).

But I was just reading the Dunkelberger's thread about the kids who were not waited on right away. And I got thinking about auto-parts stores. I work on cars, and thus buy a lot of parts. So I in the stores a couple times a week. Not all stores do this, but most of the big named ones do.

If I am walk up to the counter to buy a part, and as I am doing so, the phone rings. The counter person will often pick up the phone and help the person on the other end first. Then come back to me. Here I am, money in hand, ready to buy something. And most of the time in the middle of being helped. And this person on the phone gets preference over me? Most of the time, they are just checking prices. I am ready to make a sale! I AM going to buy something. And you let me stand there with a dumbfounded look on my face while you help someone else?

Now like I said, I am a pretty easy going guy. But times like these makes me want to gouge their eyes out with a spork.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Something that irks me a little...

The person on the phone can't tell there is someone in line. You can tell that the clerk is busy with the phone.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    The person on the phone can't tell there is someone in line. You can tell that the clerk is busy with the phone.
    I am talking about if I am walking up to the counter to buy something and the phone rings. Or if I am in the middle of buying something (having them look up the part) and the phone rings. I never, ever expect the counter person to hang up the phone and help me the minute I walk in the store. But why can't they finish helping me first, then take care of the person on the phone. Or if there is a line of people. These people were waiting in line first. Why should the person on the phone get preference. Makes me want to call the store as I am standing in line. It would be just like jumping to the front of the line. Special Preference!!

(Wayne County)

I agree with that and it bothers me as well...though not as much as being completely ignored.

I used to use an auto parts store in NJ and when the phone would ring, they would pick it up, tell the person they were with someone at the moment and have them hold....I moved up here and apparently it doesn't work that way.

wow....

are u being serious? I was hoping this was a joke but theres no punchline.......

(Wayne County)

It's all about customer service and respecting the customer...nothing too difficult about that...yet so many seem unable to do it.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

It might not be the most dramatic thing to happen in a day.

But if you work on your own cars you might be in that store 4 times in 6 hours between lying on your back, busting your nuckles, and getting rust in your eye.

Then it can be pretty damn annoying.

(Lackawanna County)

In defense of the "bad guys" in this thread, I usually tend to a phone call first. I'm a dispatcher for a trucking company. I work alone 3 to midnight, so I have inbound callls along with drivers coming to the window in my office needing things. My thinking is, the guy in the office is here, not going anywhere until he gets what he needs. The guy on the phone may be pressed in some way, maybe his only chance to make this call. Not the same as retail sales, but just an angle of thought.

(Philadelphia County)

Most places I have worked (food and computers) it was always the guy who took the time to walk in the door that got preference. Hold button exists for a reason. If phone rang before you walked in even then I would finish helping guy on the phone AFTER asking you what you wanted. Nothing sucks more than waiting for the store guy to get off the phone only to ask where the tiles are.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post
    It might not be the most dramatic thing to happen in a day.

But if you work on your own cars you might be in that store 4 times in 6 hours between lying on your back, busting your nuckles, and getting rust in your eye.

Then it can be pretty damn annoying.
    That's nothing... you haven't lived until you have to explain to the idiot working the counter at Pep Boys that it doesn't matter if my car has air conditioning when buying a transfer case output bearing and that a Land Rover and a Range Rover are made by the same company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast