Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default can anyone give me info on this Glock mag?

I just received this magazine as added incentive for a purchase I just made. It is for a model 19 but is about an eight to a quarter inch shorter than my other mags. The base plate is different too. It fits and functions but doesn't drop free and is hard to get a hold of to rip out. I assume it is just an early production but am interested in any info you guys have. Thanks. PS I just found out it does not lock the slide back after the last round.
    Last edited by bripro; November 18th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: can anyone give me info on this Glock mag?

Does not hold slide open, does not drop free, difficult to remove.

I'd say it's a "poorly functioning" magazine

(Northampton County)

I'm offering a drum of hazardous waste as an added incentive for a car I am selling

(Berks County)

It's old and worn out. Throw it away. Much like my first wife, it was fine for a while, but then started having issues over time.
    Glock mags also have older 'generations.' What you have there is one of the oldest, indicated by the "U" shape opening at the rear top. Newer ones are more squared off. The old generation weakened with age, and the sides would begin to flex outward, binding in the mag well, causing it to 'stick' .
    What you have is old, and doesn't work properly. Trash it and buy yourself a new one for $25.
    Last edited by jw34; November 19th, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

Original Glock magazines were designed not to free fall drop if they were loaded more than half with ammo. It was designed that way for idiots who accidently hit the mag release during times of stress so they didn't end up in a gun fight without a mag in their pistol.

Perhaps this is one of those old timers.

CL

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    It's old and worn out. Throw it away. Much like my first wife, it was fine for a while, but then started having issues over time.
    Glock mags also have older 'generations.' What you have there is one of the oldest, indicated by the "U" shape opening at the rear top. Newer ones are more squared off. The old generation weakened with age, and the sides would begin to flex outward, binding in the mag well, causing it to 'stick' .
    What you have is old, and doesn't work properly. Trash it and buy yourself a new one for $25.
    Don't take this advise. It's an original G19 preban mag, which in the ban states you can probably get 30.00-50.00 bucks for it depending on condition. As for it not locking the slide open on the last rnd, it just needs a new mag spring and it will be good as new.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Don't take this advise. It's an original G19 preban mag, which in the ban states you can probably get 30.00-50.00 bucks for it depending on condition. As for it not locking the slide open on the last rnd, it just needs a new mag spring and it will be good as new.
    What AR J said, besides if you dont want to resurrect it keep it as a souvinir or a desk ornament its done its time. and definatly dont throw out your wife when she gets old and tired, remember "a new broom sweeps clean but an old broom know the corners"

Besides drop free mags were designed for idiots who like to play Gun games like IDPA etc. Combat is not a Game , never let your mags hit the ground, lots of videos on you tube by massad ayoob etc. on how to change your mag in combat.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Oh snap. Got me. Ok, let me revise my advice. Do what you want with the old mag that doesn't work for crap. Just stop inserting it into you gun and expecting it to work. The sides bow out and bind.
    If someone is nostalgic enough to give you money for a pre-ban mag that has the same capacity as current mags, then good for you. Personally, I wouldn't give you $5 for that mag. I like my weapons to function properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Monroe County)

Hacks. It is what it is. A mag that works...works! A mag that doesn't.....doesn't!

It's not too hard to figure out. If you want to fuck around with it then do it but don't depend on an internet full of koolaid drinking junkies to decide for you.

(Allegheny County)

It's a pre-ban non drop-free mag. People that live in states that still have a magazine ban will gladly buy it from you. Just needs a new spring to get the slide to lock open. Sell it to someone in NY and go buy yourself a couple new mags.