Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default NFA in Moore Township Northampton County?

Hi guys.

I saw vic2367's thread with a similar question and thought I would ask about my own situation. There was some good advice in that thread and I plan to call a gun shop and the sheriff's office to see what they say.

However, still wondering if anybody has experience in this county to see if there is any indication. I want to avoid paperwork and money only to find out there's problems with Law Enforcement at the last minute. Any hint of problems with the locals from any source (gun store, sheriff office, you guys) and I am skipping the exercise and going straight for a trust or corp.

Thanks!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: NFA in Moore Township Northampton County?

Smith specialty arms on Mt road in Slatington...He is a great guy...I had no problem with the Northampton county sheriff...Just leave paperwork with sheriff and he sends it back to you in a few days after doing a backround check.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by akapjr View Post
    Smith specialty arms on Mt road in Slatington...He is a great guy...I had no problem with the Northampton county sheriff...Just leave paperwork with sheriff and he sends it back to you in a few days after doing a backround check.
    I'll give a +1 to Smith, I bought an SWR Trident 9 (suppressor) from him a year ago. He's a super nice guy who knows his stuff and genuinely cares about his customers. I've met the guy no more than 3 times but every time I stop by at his booth at a gun show he knows exactly who I am and greets me with a smile.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Montgomery County)

Hey man, where in Moore twshp are you? I had a few friends live up there, nice area!

(Northampton County)

Just outside of Bath and Nazareth. Seems nice to me but I'm new to the area!

(Northampton County)

Sheriff does a background check? Does he ask for references or anything? If he makes you fill out a form please post a clean copy or tell me what's on it. I'm don't really have a lot of faith in privacy when it comes to the government so I may be going the trust/corp route. In this case, there is no requirement for this sheriff or the next one to keep the info private. In many cases, the government says it's private and changes their mind later. In my case, all of my private information was stolen from the government. So, I'm a little jaded about the "strip and splay" order of day to day business.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I'll give a +1 to Smith, I bought an SWR Trident 9 (suppressor) from him a year ago. He's a super nice guy who knows his stuff and genuinely cares about his customers. I've met the guy no more than 3 times but every time I stop by at his booth at a gun show he knows exactly who I am and greets me with a smile.
    Thanks to both of you guys! I need to know the good guys to do business with.

(Northampton County)

The paperwork that the dealer fills out for you is taken to the sheriff for a sign off..You do not have to answer any questions..I was told the office just runs another backround check like getting a CCW permit..Then it is sent back to you in about a week.

(Northampton County)

The paperwork that the dealer fills out for you is taken to the sheriff for a sign off..You do not have to answer any questions..I was told the office just runs another backround check like getting a CCW permit..Then it is sent back to you in about a week.
    You probably just saved me a grand. That means I owe you... a beer

Thank you.