Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Update License address for CCW?

Hey Folks!

Quick question here..

in the CCW application, it says that the address in the Driver's License has to be your current one.

Do I have to go to PennDot and get a whole new license? or can I just go to a AAA and get the little yellow paper that says my address has been updated??

Also, will the address on my greencard matter? do I need to update that as well?
    (I bought a handgun with it, so I guess it won't matter?)

Other than that...

I live in HaverFord, PA, Delaware County, where is my sheriff? I dont just go to my local police station and do the paperwork there, right??

Thanks in advance!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

Default Re: Update License address for CCW?

If I were you, I think that I would go through all of the hassle of getting all of the addresses changed. Especially in the current climate. You don't want some asshole trying to get your butt in a sling because doc 1 says A and the form you just filled out says B. Just my $.02.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

DELCO Court House info

I'd call the Sheriff before heading down, they "should" be in the court house building.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Berks County)

Hey Diego,

FYI, your post says Haverford is in Delaware County, but your profile info at the top corner of the posts says Montgomery County.

-CR
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Hey Diego,

FYI, your post says Haverford is in Delaware County, but your profile info at the top corner of the posts says Montgomery County.

-CR
    Yeah, if somebody can clarify that for me, I'd be very happy. I've googled around and come up with both variants.

I might be right on the line that separates De co and Mont co for all I know.

All other responses, thanks for chiming in. I'll call these people, see what they say and report back on here.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Yeah, if somebody can clarify that for me, I'd be very happy. I've googled around and come up with both variants.

I might be right on the line that separates De co and Mont co for all I know.

All other responses, thanks for chiming in. I'll call these people, see what they say and report back on here.
    Haverford / Haverford Township is Delaware County, It is pretty much right on the line. If I'm not mistaken the main road into Haverford from the 30E is Countyline Road.
    http://www.haverfordtownship.com/

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

FYI: I am in the same boat, so I called the Allegheny County Sheriff -- the deputy there told me that the yellow address update card was sufficient as long as I had both that and my photo driver's license, too.

I plan on going down on Monday, so I'll let you know for sure then.

ALso -- you can have PennDOT mail you a yellow address card if you do an address change online via their website.

Quote Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
    FYI: I am in the same boat, so I called the Allegheny County Sheriff -- the deputy there told me that the yellow address update card was sufficient as long as I had both that and my photo driver's license, too.

I plan on going down on Monday, so I'll let you know for sure then.

ALso -- you can have PennDOT mail you a yellow address card if you do an address change online via their website.
    There's also a phone number on the back of your DL to call and get one mailed out.

(Lycoming County)

This is a sticky wicket, if I understand you correctly.

I recently moved and when I called the sherrif to ask as to whether or not I needed to update my Carry Permit information, they said, "No, just when you renew it."

HOWEVER, if you are not a naturalized citizen (require a "Green Card"), all bets are off. If I were you, I would make damn sure that every single piece of paper was in PERFECT order. I would have my driver licence information AND my Carry Permit information correspond PERFECTLY.

For good, or for bad, the authorities will look alot harder at you, based on your immigration status.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun." -St. John of Liverpool

1911 Curmudgeon

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Average Baer View Post
    This is a sticky wicket, if I understand you correctly.

I recently moved and when I called the sherrif to ask as to whether or not I needed to update my Carry Permit information, they said, "No, just when you renew it."

HOWEVER, if you are not a naturalized citizen (require a "Green Card"), all bets are off. If I were you, I would make damn sure that every single piece of paper was in PERFECT order. I would have my driver licence information AND my Carry Permit information correspond PERFECTLY.

For good, or for bad, the authorities will look alot harder at you, based on your immigration status.
    Yeah, thats what Im thinking. However, by the time the feds get around to sending me an updated green card back, I would have gone through at least two leases. If not buy my own house by then...
    ==============
    ~Samuel Adams

~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast