Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Dunklebergers trade in/return policy?

I'm curious if anyone's tried to return or exchange a firearm at Dunks.. or if they would even do anything like that on a used item?
    I recently tried out a Glock 19 and the fit is much better in my hand than my M&P, even with the smallest grip installed.
    I shot much more accurately with the Glock which I also believe is due to the better grip I could get on it. My wife doesnt want the M&P, it's way too big for her hand. I'd keep it if I could but moneys tight. I got it about 6 weeks ago. Only shot about 1000 rounds through it. Clean as a whistle too.. stripped it after every range visit and cleaned it out like new. I also have 5 mags to throw in with it. How much depreciation can I expect them to hit me with if they did allow an exchange for thier Glock? .
    Thanks.
    Mike

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Dunklebergers trade in/return policy?

Back in January I traded my old parts M1 Garrand for a used Glock 27. I picked up the M1 anout 15 years earlier for my dad but he never shot it. They did a swap for teh glock and a serpa holster and I know they got the best of me but I wasn't looking to make any money, I just wanted my glock.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    I'm curious if anyone's tried to return or exchange a firearm at Dunks.. or if they would even do anything like that on a used item?
    I recently tried out a Glock 19 and the fit is much better in my hand than my M&P, even with the smallest grip installed.
    I shot much more accurately with the Glock which I also believe is due to the better grip I could get on it. My wife doesnt want the M&P, it's way too big for her hand. I'd keep it if I could but moneys tight. I got it about 6 weeks ago. Only shot about 1000 rounds through it. Clean as a whistle too.. stripped it after every range visit and cleaned it out like new. I also have 5 mags to throw in with it. How much depreciation can I expect them to hit me with if they did allow an exchange for thier Glock? .
    Thanks.
    Mike

Not much I imagine. You will likely do a lot better trying to sell it used in the classifieds on this forum. Dunks might offer you something like 300-325 for it, my guess. If you bought it at Dunks, you paid too much to start with and you are likely gonna take a bath on the price.

I imagine you paid 500 or more for it? Buds is selling M&Ps for 439$ New delivered.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=57866

I would try to sell it before getting soaked on a trade in.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(York County)

honestly your better off finding a private buyer. You always loose your ass when trading in due to the shop needing to make a profit. You'll lose a lot less (if anything all) when selling privately.

(Monroe County)

Yeah, I paid $540 for it but it came with 2 mags and they threw in 3 extras. The one on that link doesn't include any mags. And actually thats a link to the Compact 9mm, though the price isn't different for the standard size. I wonder if the compact would have been a better fit for my hand. Still a great price but I'm sure theres gotta be some other fee on top of the $439? Tax? Shipping? Something.
    I'm weary about buying a gun off the web. I like to hold it before I buy it so that I KNOW I like the gun. I always get screwed somehow when buying anything on the web... it arrives damaged, has a scratch somewhere... whatever the case may be..
    I know people are down on Dunkleburgers because of the Bloomberg thing. And yes, they typically are overpriced but I like instant gratification. lol
    I like to buy a gun and then go shoot it. Not wait a week for it to ship. Thats the longest week ever! Like watching ice cubes melt.
    I do apprciate the advise though. I think the $300-$325 estimate is damn close too. Makes sense since they have to sell it used too.
    I will try posting it in the forums classifieds.
    Anyone reading interested?
    Thanks!

(Monroe County)

I went into dunks a few weeks ago to see what they would take for trade in on my gun valued at over 650$, towards the purchase of another. The gun is in excellent condition, it's only depreciative factor is that it's been fired, but it was always taken down and cleaned thoroughly after being fired. The employee I dealt with tried talking to me like I'm some kind of asshole, as he usually does when I have the unfortunate pleasure of having to deal with him.
    Apparently the 115 dollar night sights I had installed were fake..?? Give me a break pal. Funny because I just sold the gun for 500 bucks.

The guy told me he'd give me 200 for it..

2 reasons for this:
    the salesman wanted the gun for himself and would just keep it in the back room and transfer it into his possession after his shift ended.

or

They figured they could rip me off and make over double the money back.
    He disappeared and said this is all the manager would offer...

I was looking at an AR at the beginning of this year and the salesman took down an AR and pointed the rifle at me and started tugging away on the trigger. Not even checking to see if it was loaded or not. Making all sorts of action poses and pointing in every direction until the manager came over had some words with him and grabbed the AR from his hands.

This has been my experience with dunks. I've had a whole bunch more I wont bother getting into right now. I wouldn't expect a thing from them unless you're a local yokel who's family name is known near and far, they've been the only people I've seen treated like a real customer.

Take your business down to American Sport Shooting in brodheadsville and see Rich the owner. Don't bother patronizing Dunks for firearms anymore. They send all your information to nyc because they got busted in an illegal straw purchasing sting a while back and they had to settle to stay open. every time you buy a gun there your info gets sent away.

All in all though, you're better off putting the gun up for sale on the classified section here on the forum. I bet it sells within a week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I was looking at an AR at the beginning of this year and the salesman took down an AR and pointed the rifle at me and started tugging away on the trigger. Not even checking to see if it was loaded or not. Making all sorts of action poses and pointing in every direction until the manager came over had some words with him and grabbed the AR from his hands.
    No way this happened! I cannot believe someone would ever do that to anyone, let alone a potential customer! I would have freaked out right there in the store if anyone EVER pointed a weapon at me.

As far as them sending my info to NYC.. screw them. I don't care if NYC knows I carry a gun. I have nothing to hide from anyone. But I bet you were right about the saleperson low-balling you to get the gun for himself. Makes sense. Sorry that happened to you.

I have heard allot about Rich's place as an alternative to Dunks. I have nothing against them but I have nothing against saving a few bucks either. Maybe I swing by Rich and see what he's got his Glock 19 selling for.
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    Thanks.
    Mike
    You could post it on here and ask for someone to trade even for a G19. Or just try to sell it on here. Anytime you trade in a gun you're going to get screwed. They have to make money so expect to loose at least $150-$200.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.