Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Iraq vet arrested for jogging with training rifle

An Iraq war veteran was arrested for jogging near a school in his fatigues with an airsoft rifle. So much for being a good soldier and properly doing his PT. Not just proned out, actually arrested on "terrorism" charges.

http://rt.com/usa/news/charges-train...le-alemar-511/

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Iraq vet arrested for jogging with training rifle

Wow, I can see them detaining him based on the description. Not sure if you can arrest someone for lack of common sense. Running by a school as described in the article is asking for a visit from the police at this point in time.

was brandishing an air-soft “training rifle,” a gun that while similar to his actual weapon only fires pellets, not bullets. He was also garbed in a ballistic vest composed of bullet-resistant ceramic panels and was equipped with two knives and several unloaded magazines, the Herald-Mail reports.
    It’s hard to tell it’s an airsoft from a distance and hard to tell magazines are empty as well.

(York County)

They were dismissed in a plea agreement, he was also drunk with a 0.215 when arrested.

http://www.journal-news.net/page/con....html?nav=5222

(Mercer County)

I don't know what to think about this? On one hand he is an unbelievable DUMBASS for doing something like this. I mean with the current situation, what else could you expect? He is lucky that the cops didn't shoot his drunk ass. On the other hand, it appears that he may have some issues from serving to protect our freedoms. I just don't know which line to draw with this little bit of info.
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    I don't know what to think about this? On one hand he is an unbelievable DUMBASS for doing something like this. I mean with the current situation, what else could you expect? He is lucky that the cops didn't shoot his drunk ass. On the other hand, it appears that he may have some issues from serving to protect our freedoms. I just don't know which line to draw with this little bit of info.
    This happened months prior to Sandy Hook.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    This happened months prior to Sandy Hook.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't look at the dates. I assumed it just happened. However, after some thought, I'm still on the fence whether to beat on him for it. Was he just a drunken asshole or does he need some help and the respect that should come to our servicemen? I just can't form my opinion wihout knowing everything on this one.
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Philadelphia County)

And this is the problem we have in murica. We take generally good people who have curable disorders and waste money on punishment rather then correction and treatment. This is a person who with proper treatment can be a valuable member of society, or can become a trained, hardened criminal after spending time in prison. I'm just glad the judge was smart enough to realize the difference.