Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Why I carry

(Allegheny County)

Default Why I carry

Here's a story of shooting right next to where I live, a quiet peaceful neighborhood of Pittsburgh. You just don't know when or where it's going to happen.

http://kdka.com/local/local_story_215071350.html

(KDKA) ROBINSON TWP. Allegheny County police are investigating a shooting overnight in Robinson Township that left two people wounded in a hail of gunfire.

Officials say the shooting happened around 12:08am just outside the Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill in Robinson Towne Center.

Authorities say the two victims were caught in gunfire as they left the restaurant.

Police have not released any information on a suspect.

The victims were taken to Allegheny General Hospital for treatment. Hospital officials say their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why I carry

Well, wouldn't the "sensible" solution be to ban all guns?
    Wouldn't it STILL be a quiet, peaceful neighborhood if it weren't for those guns?

(qeue the music...) I'd like to buy the world a Coke and...

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Here's a story of shooting right next to where I live, a quiet peaceful neighborhood of Pittsburgh. You just don't know when or where it's going to happen.

http://kdka.com/local/local_story_215071350.html

(KDKA) ROBINSON TWP. Allegheny County police are investigating a shooting overnight in Robinson Township that left two people wounded in a hail of gunfire.

Officials say the shooting happened around 12:08am just outside the Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill in Robinson Towne Center.

Authorities say the two victims were caught in gunfire as they left the restaurant.

Police have not released any information on a suspect.

The victims were taken to Allegheny General Hospital for treatment. Hospital officials say their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

It was nice and quiet when I picked up our order of ribs-2-go from the Bones last night !

Where did you get the details? The link took me to an article that states they were shoot in Collier Twp., and then drove to Robinson.

I couldn't find anything on the Pittsburgh Putz-Gazette website.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tourrider View Post
    It was nice and quiet when I picked up our order of ribs-2-go from the Bones last night !

Where did you get the details? The link took me to an article that states they were shoot in Collier Twp., and then drove to Robinson.

I couldn't find anything on the Pittsburgh Putz-Gazette website.
    They changed the text of the article. That link used to state what was in my first post. Quess they printed it before they had all the facts.

Here's another link I just found.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07215...pid=latest.xml
    Friday, August 03, 2007

By Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Two men were shot early this morning at a Collier car wash.

Allegheny County police and Robinson police said the men, 19 and 20, were wounded by an unknown assailant just after midnight at the PD Kwik Car Wash.

The 20-year-old, who lives in Robinson, was shot in the leg and the 19-year-old, who is from McDonald, was hit in the shoulder.

The 19-year-old was behind the wheel of a Dodge Neon when he was struck. It's not clear where the other man was, or what the two were doing at the car wash.

Police are trying to sort out what happened. Robinson police initially responded to a restaurant, Smokey Bones, in their jurisdiction for a report of two men shot. But when they got there, they found that the victims had driven there from the car wash after being shot.

Police found one shell casing at the scene and believe one bullet hit both men.

The victims described their attacker as a black male driving a silver Pontiac, but they did not provide a motive for the shooting and gave conflicting accounts. Both were being treated at Allegheny General Hospital.
    Last edited by DaveM55; August 3rd, 2007 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Update
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    They changed the text of the article. That link used to state what was in my first post. Quess they printed it before they had all the facts.

Here's another link I just found.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07215...pid=latest.xml
    Thanks ! Rmember Richard Baumhammer and his killing rampage? Killed 2 of his 5 victims in the Ya Fei Chinese restaurant at Robinson Town Centre. At that time, I often ate there.

(Allegheny County)

Sounds like yet another case of kids who didn't get cracked on the ass enough as children.

Yes, let's blame it on the gun.

This reminds me of something I've considered before...
    While carrying, I'd feel bad if I were put in the position where I had to shoot a kid. Parents need to wake the hell up. Teach them how to respect themselves and others and less of them would be shooting each other and I wouldn't have to worry about protecting my family from some punk carrying a gun illegally.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Sounds like yet another case of kids who didn't get cracked on the ass enough as children.

Yes, let's blame it on the gun.

This reminds me of something I've considered before...
    While carrying, I'd feel bad if I were put in the position where I had to shoot a kid. Parents need to wake the hell up. Teach them how to respect themselves and others and less of them would be shooting each other and I wouldn't have to worry about protecting my family from some punk carrying a gun illegally.
    it's not just the parents who don't teach respect of others, alot of public school policy is to teach kids to only worry about themsleves and noone else. as long as little johnny thinks it is ok, it is ok for little johnny.
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by xflyboy View Post
    it's not just the parents who don't teach respect of others, alot of public school policy is to teach kids to only worry about themsleves and noone else. as long as little johnny thinks it is ok, it is ok for little johnny.

Oh how I wish more people/parents understood that.

For every one good thing you teach 'em at home, they get a hundred reasons why what you taught them is "wrong" when they get to school.
    I hear it all the time from my neighbor who's been in education for many years. She can't take it any more and is counting the days to retirement.

And getting back to the original topic, yes, you never know when a situation could go from "Maybury" to "Philly" in an instant.