Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Glad I live in PA

Just had one of those moments that make me appreciate living in PA. So it's Father's Day, and being the last minute shopper that I am, I realized I have to pick up a gift for ol' dad before I head to his house. Being that I'm in Philly, it looks like one of the closest Dick's Sporting Goods is over the bridge in Dirty Jersey. Not knowing the protocol, (although I should have known the answer deep down in my heart of hearts), I call up and ask if they have ammo. Then I ask if I can purchase it being that I live out of state. Hold on, the guy tells me. He gets back on a minute later "Do you have a Firearms ID Card?" Why, of course not, I tell him. I live in PA. Long story short, the very nice man on the other end of the phone said apparently they don't sell ammo to out of state residents. We kind of laughed, since after he asked me if I possess one of these cards, I tell him that we don't need any special "papers" to buy ammo, let alone firearms in PA. Things are much better here, to which he laughed and seemed to agree.
    Before you go jumping down my throat, I know I obviously can't buy a gun in PRNJ. But I didn't realize that extended to all gun products. I guess now I know. So ... did everyone else know you can't even buy ammo in Jersey without one of these Firearms ID cards? Was I just being naive to think I could drive across the bridge and buy something as simple as a box of .45 target rounds? Happy Father's Day all you dad's out there!

Default Re: Glad I live in PA

No worries, I do believe Illinios is the same way unless you show you have a non-resident hunting license and then you have to apply for a temp FOID card just to buy ammo...gotta love it!!!

CL

(Beaver County)

Sounds a lot like "infringement", don't it?

Bring on McDonald!
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

(Bucks County)

Guess it depends on the store becasue I buy ammo at the Princeton Dick's all the time. I just show them my LTCF and they let me purchase all the ammo I want.
    "

The real question is, why support a business in New Jersey?