Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any Springfield 9MM EMP Success Stories ?

The new Springfield EMP has been getting a lot of negative press on many forums based on out of the box reliability. Virtually all the answers are send it back and Springfield will fix it or after 500 rounds it should be OK.

So my questions are:

1) Has anyone got a gun back from Springfield that they have put 1,000 perfect rounds thru - including a lot of defense hollow point ammo ?

2) Has anyone got a gun out of the box that that they have put 1,000 perfect rounds thru - including a lot of defense hollow point ammo ?

3) Has anyone got a gun out of the box that that after 500 rounds of various break in issues they have put 1,000 perfect rounds thru - including a lot of defense hollow point ammo ?

I think we need to start hearing some positive things pretty soon on this expensive little gun.

"Green"

(Chester County)

Default Re: Any Springfield 9MM EMP Success Stories ?

I have many colts. i never had to put 500 rounds through them to work. I bought the gun put ammo in magazine and shot it. No problems. SA is all commercial hype. Great advertising they do. Them and Mimber.

Kimber had great series 1 guns but went down the tubes with series 2 and external extractor. These type of manufacturers advertise and then cut corners. Everone says colt is over priced and it is a loose gun. A 1911 is not meant to be tight. people think a tight gun is an accurate gun. It is the BBL fit and BBL bushing fit that makes the gun accurate.As well as grade of BBL. My colts rattle more then a rattle snake. I have very good accuracy and very reliable.

Sorry to sound pissed but I get sick of SA advertising and I have to send my 1911 to them serveral times for stupid crap. I have a SA black stainless that has target sights and all the bells and wistles. Good looking gun. my stock colt with crude sights colt gives you shoot more accurately then this tricked out gun. never mind the reliablity. the colt keeps going my Sa choke every so often.

sorry just the facts >>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    I have many colts. i never had to put 500 rounds through them to work. I bought the gun put ammo in magazine and shot it. No problems. SA is all commercial hype. Great advertising they do. Them and Mimber.

Kimber had great series 1 guns but went down the tubes with series 2 and external extractor. These type of manufacturers advertise and then cut corners. Everone says colt is over priced and it is a loose gun. A 1911 is not meant to be tight. people think a tight gun is an accurate gun. It is the BBL fit and BBL bushing fit that makes the gun accurate.As well as grade of BBL. My colts rattle more then a rattle snake. I have very good accuracy and very reliable.

Sorry to sound pissed but I get sick of SA advertising and I have to send my 1911 to them serveral times for stupid crap. I have a SA black stainless that has target sights and all the bells and wistles. Good looking gun. my stock colt with crude sights colt gives you shoot more accurately then this tricked out gun. never mind the reliablity. the colt keeps going my Sa choke every so often.

sorry just the facts >>>>>>

OK EVERYBODY, LOOKS LIKE WE ARE "0" FOR 1 NOW ON THIS SURVEY.

"Green"

Well it's been over a day now and a lot of people have viewed this thread and we have "0" success stories. Hmmmmmm

Still waiting. Maybe we need to send this to S.A.

"Green"

(Cambria County)

You're probably not going to find what you're looking for here, not that many EMP owners yet. You're better off going here (http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29) and asking around. There are happy EMP owners and a few unhappy ones as well.

As for SA, I own 3 of their 1911's at present, all have functioned perfect out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    You're probably not going to find what you're looking for here, not that many EMP owners yet. You're better off going here (http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29) and asking around. There are happy EMP owners and a few unhappy ones as well.

As for SA, I own 3 of their 1911's at present, all have functioned perfect out of the box.

Thanks, I'll do that.

"Green"

I probably know less about the 1911 platform than most. Even I know a short barreled 1911 is dicey.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I probably know less about the 1911 platform than most. Even I know a short barreled 1911 is dicey.
    God's Country,

I wish you would have shared that with Springfield before I bought one.

"Green"

Quote Originally Posted by ChasenGreen View Post
    God's Country,

I wish you would have shared that with Springfield before I bought one.

"Green"

BTW I didn't mean to make it sound like even an idiot like myself knows better.
    I do wish the best of luck with your purchase. The small 1911's are cool it just seems like it's a tough design to miniaturize. Then again all small auto's of any caliber size appear to have their issues.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Chester County)

A very good friend of mine has an EMP. It's flawless, and has been since it came out of the box. I've, personally, probably put 500 rounds through it, with zero problems. He's probably put twice as many down it, again, with no problems. Ball ammo, reloads, hollowpoints, powrball, glaser, it was fine with everything.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast