Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Question about a manufacturer replacing a handgun

OK, this is a hypothetical situation at the moment.

If a handgun is considered non-repairable, and the manufacturer sends you a new one, does it go through an FFL or do they ship it directly to the owner?

If it's sent directly to the owner, does the serial number of the new gun get reported to the state?

At the moment this is a hypothetical situation. I've contacted the manufacturer last night about an issue, that I don't want to discuss just yet.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Question about a manufacturer replacing a handgun

It wasn't a handgun, a manufacturer replaced a stripped lower ff mine, and the lower was sent back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Clearfield County)

I had an original Skyy 9mm that got sent in and they just mailed the new gun to my house, fairly certain they didn't tell the state.

CZ replaced a pistol for me a few years ago. As others stated, CZ in my case mailed me the new pistol directly to my house. I didn't have to do a new 4473.

(Philadelphia County)

Interesting replies and so much for firearms having to be shipped to a FFL.

(Lackawanna County)

Hmmm...does the replacement firearm have the same serial number as the old one?

I had to send one of my firearms back to the manufacturer to get repaired. They sent me a FedEx Priority Overnight label to send it back to them.

I decided to take the gun and the label to my LGS to have them send it back for me. I did this because the manufacturer would only send it back to the address from which they received it. I did not want the gun to be returned to my house when nobody was home. My LGS did this for me free of charge. (I do spend thousands of dollars at this store each year.)

Also, I was expecting to have to go through a background check to get my own gun back when it came back to my LGS. However, when I got the call it was in, I went, picked it up, and left...no back ground check.
    Last edited by Democrat Gun Owner; July 30th, 2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Spelling typo

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post

I had to send one of my firearms back to the manufacturer to get repaired. They sent me a FedEx Priority Overnight label to send it back to them.

I decided to take the gun and the label to my LGS to gave them send it back for me. I did this because the manufacturer would only send it back to the address from which they received it. I did not want the gun to be returned to my house when nobody was home. My LGS did this for me free of charge. (I do spend thousands of dollars at this store each year.)

Also, I was expecting to have to go through a background check to get my own gun back when it came back to my LGS. However, when I got the call it was in, I went, picked it up, and left...no back ground check.
    Not even 100% sure I'm getting a replacement yet. I don't see how they would give me a new gun with the same serial number though.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Not even 100% sure I'm getting a replacement yet. I don't see how they would give me a new gun with the same serial number though.
    My question was more hypothetical and disbelief if the answer was "yes".

My gun was still under warranty when I sent it back. It was a NAA Wasp, and the hammer spur cracked. I knew the hammer would just be replaced and not the entire firearm.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post

I decided to take the gun and the label to my LGS to have them send it back for me. I did this because the manufacturer would only send it back to the address from which they received it. I did not want the gun to be returned to my house when nobody was home. My LGS did this for me free of charge. (I do spend thousands of dollars at this store each year.)

Every gun I've received at home has been signature required.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    The only gun I ever had replaced was a Taurus revolver, it had the same serial number.

I'd suppose it depends on the manufacturer and the model of the gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast