Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clearfield County)

Default PA Bear Hunting Questions.

Hi all new to the forum here. New to PA too. I am planning a Bear Hunt for this year and was wondering if anyone had any idea on guided hunts/lodges. I know a good bit but have never hunted bear before. So sort of looking for a good guide and/or decent lodge would like to make a few days of it and take the family along for some fresh air.

Any ideas or recommendations would be great and would sure be appreciated.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: PA Bear Hunting Questions.

Pine Lodge out of Troy/Canton pa in Bradford Co has a nice bear camp yearly I believe. Ill see if I can get you some contact info. I used to go deer hunting there every year, didnt do bear, but heard stories. And saw claws and pelts. Its a gorgous place too, have to admit its very well built, huge, well furnished. Even the bunks are roomy... ish.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Somerset County)

Default Re: PA Bear Hunting Questions.

You do realize that you LIVE in bear country right? Just about anywhere in Clearfield county will have bears. Lumber City, Parker Dam, East towards Philipsburg, Frenchville, are all good bets. Black Moshannon State Park is another good area. Lots of Game Lands and State Forests in that part of the state.

Some of your neighbors probably hunt bear, and since a lot of Pa. bear hunting is by drives, they may be happy to have another hunter. Check with some of the area clubs, they may have bear hunters on the membership rolls. I belong to the Pa. Wildlife Habitat Unlimited near Sabula. The clubhouse is on 255 near the continental divide between Penfield and Sabula. There is usually someone there on Saturdays and often during the week.

http://pwhu.org/

Even if you don't go hunting, a trip to the bear check station at Elliot Park is a good way to spend a couple of hours on opening night.

Dale