Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default CC at the PA Ren Faire.

Today was day two of the "Protect and Serve" Weekend at the PA Ren Faire. Wife decided to take me because she knows I like stuff like that. Wenches in corsets, leather boots, etc, what's not to like.

I get to the gate, and there is a State Constable there checking "period pieces" knives, swords, and the like. Of course, I was carrying my 5" 1911 concealed with a spare magazine. Never got stopped or anything, which I appreciate.

Last time I went there, I was dressed in period garb, with a really dull kurki on my belt. State Constable at the gate "piece ties" it in place with a zip tie and says, "If it comes out, it's mine." or words to that effect. He missed the throwing knife on my (at the time) girlfriend's side, my 1911, and my folding knife in my pocket. LOL

Had a good time, did a lot of sight seeing, and ate big assed turkey legs. Oh, and bought four bottles of wine, one of which is chilling in the fridge as I type this.

(Berks County)

Default Re: CC at the PA Ren Faire.

I love Ren Faires. Ale, fire-roasted animals, wenches, ale, swords, and...ale.

PA Ren Fair is way too friggen expensive for my tastes. What is it to get in on a weekend for normal folk, $30?

(Mifflin County)

Here's what's on their website about weapons:

WEAPONS AT THE RENAISSANCE FAIRE

Weapons are discouraged even as part of costume. You may be asked to check/hold any weapon at the gate. Costume pieces must be “peace tied” so as not to become a hazard to our guests or the patron. The guards at the front gate will assist with the peace tying process if necessary.
    Kinda surprised me, honestly. I figured it'd say something about weapons being prohibited, with an exception for period stuff for those in costume.......

CC away. I could be wrong, but I doubt OC would go over very well, though.

(Lebanon County)

was he in state constable attire? I mean identifying himself as a constable?

Number 3 on the list of Pa State Constable Ineligibility:

3. Private Security and Detectives – owners and personnel. A State Constable’s Commission cannot be used for private security work.
    Last edited by shefearsnothing; September 7th, 2008 at 10:17 PM.

(York County)

I was planning on OC in costume.....You like this one.

3%

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    was he in state constable attire? I mean identifying himself as a constable?

Number 3 on the list of Pa State Constable Ineligibility:

3. Private Security and Detectives – owners and personnel. A State Constable’s Commission cannot be used for private security work.
    That is correct. One must be a Licensed Private Detective to provide Security Services for hire. The stickler is, one can not have a Private Detective License and be commisioned as Constable. It is a violation of Title 22 The Private Detective act.

As far as the OP, is it really like $30 to get in? Does that include the Ale and big turkey legs? I have never been to one and was just curious.

Be safe.

Scott

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    That is correct. One must be a Licensed Private Detective to provide Security Services for hire. The stickler is, one can not have a Private Detective License and be commisioned as Constable. It is a violation of Title 22 The Private Detective act.

As far as the OP, is it really like $30 to get in? Does that include the Ale and big turkey legs? I have never been to one and was just curious.
    Be safe.

Scott

Yes it is. You don't want to know what you have to do get a deal with turkey leg and ales........
    3%

(Adams County)

Yeah, it's pretty expensive to get in. I usually get one of Burger King's two for one deal coupons, but I didn't this time.

BTW, the Niagra wine, I must say, is quite good. At least, the four glasses I've had tonight were acceptable. LOL

The constable was wearing a "Security" shirt, but his hat said constable, and he was armed. I didn't ask, I figured, I didn't really care. But...

Maybe next time I'll dress up like the whole Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. I need to find two coconuts and a swallow. (African or European, I still haven't decided.)

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty expensive to get in. I usually get one of Burger King's two for one deal coupons, but I didn't this time.

BTW, the Niagra wine, I must say, is quite good. At least, the four glasses I've had tonight were acceptable. LOL

The constable was wearing a "Security" shirt, but his hat said constable, and he was armed. I didn't ask, I figured, I didn't really care. But...

Maybe next time I'll dress up like the whole Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. I need to find two coconuts and a swallow. (African or European, I still haven't decided.)
    I have to agree the Niagra is very good.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Union County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    ....Maybe next time I'll dress up like the whole Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. I need to find two coconuts and a swallow. (African or European, I still haven't decided.)
    Well it would have to be a European swallow as African swallows are non-migratory....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast