Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default I must have missed the memo ....

What, are the little squares at the bottom left of each post doing there, and why?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: I must have missed the memo ....

Never noticed them until you pointed them out. If you click on them tey take you to a sign up page.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Dauphin County)

those are links to submit stories or posting to digg.com and other social news new working sites............. nice feature

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Never noticed them until you pointed them out. If you click on them tey take you to a sign up page.
    I just noticed them myself, a few minutes before I posted but I can find no announcement concerning them., I clicked on, but didn't sign up for any of them.

Not like this forum to just add stuff without telling us, hence my OP.

Bill

(Franklin County)

I can't fill in any of the blanks, but I just noticed them for the first time this afternoon. I'm certain this is a very new addition.

The people already using the associated sites already know how/why they might want to use them. Perhaps there will be an announcement or explanation soon.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lehigh County)

just noticed them today as well.... maybe a software update that has this feature???? Dunno, don't plan on using them really
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Dauphin County)

digg.com is the one i use the most...... bascially its network of user submitted stories.....example......if im browsing around and im reading a story or article and i think its kool or other might wanna check this out i will "digg" the article and thena t that point it get put on the site and other can check it out and if they like it they will also "digg" it and the number of "diggs" rises on the story. They also have a weekly podcast that comes out every friday at www.revision3.com/diggnation that discusses the hottest user submitted stories of the week. Althought the site is mostly TECH oriented content but they do ahve other articles. Those of us TECHies on here that remember back to the techtv days will notice the host as the great Kevin Rose and Alex Albrect (sp).

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    digg.com is the one i use the most...... bascially its network of user submitted stories.....example......if im browsing around and im reading a story or article and i think its kool or other might wanna check this out i will "digg" the article and thena t that point it get put on the site and other can check it out and if they like it they will also "digg" it and the number of "diggs" rises on the story. They also have a weekly podcast that comes out every friday at www.revision3.com/diggnation that discusses the hottest user submitted stories of the week. Althought the site is mostly TECH oriented content but they do ahve other articles. Those of us TECHies on here that remember back to the techtv days will notice the host as the great Kevin Rose and Alex Albrect (sp).

uuuhhhhh ... OK? ..... I must be getting old ... I don't do a lot of signing up for things, get enough spam as it is, anytime you enter your email address you're asking for more.

Thanks for the explanation though.

Bill

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    get enough spam as it is, anytime you enter your email address you're asking for more.
    I thought everyone had a hotmail (or other 'free' e-mail address) just to use as a "spam catcher". Use it to sign up for everything online and keep your real e-mail address private.

Thumbs up Re: I must have missed the memo ....

I recently migrated to Gmail and there is very little Spam and what little does get through goes into the spam folder , you can tell by the brief descrption that it is either junk or a contact that should be in your address book. I am very comfortable with it.
    er2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast