Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Fulton County)

Default Home Invader Shot and Killed by Utah Man Defending Wife and Baby

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Home Invader Shot and Killed by Utah Man Defending Wife and Baby

Print version for those who want to read it.

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story...1-a8228c8afdc5

Thanks for posting about this Fultoncoshooter.

(York County)

Thats why if i don't know who's at the door I draw my gun and keep it out of sight behind the door. Anyone rushing in will see the barrel of a gun or nothing, depending when they blink.

(York County)

That's why my Glock goes with me if anyone knocks on the door after dark...and I frequently have a 38 with me even during daylight.

(Allegheny County)

Glad the man, wife and baby are safe.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Thats why if i don't know who's at the door I draw my gun and keep it out of sight behind the door. Anyone rushing in will see the barrel of a gun or nothing, depending when they blink.
    You open the door to a caller after dark when you are not expecting anyone? Why?

If it's someone you don't know, send them away (as in just ask through the door "who is it" -- "package for so and so" -- "please come back during normal daylight hours, thanks" -- or "leave a will call slip so I can arrange to pick it up tomorrow, thanks . . . ). If they won't go, well then things get different.

Where I am a common enough scam is "I accidentally locked myself out of my house; can I use your phone" type BS (lots of variations, but that's the basic idea -- usually they want to start talking with you, gain your confidence and then ask for money to get someplace where their "spare keys are" (yeah, right) -- generally harmless but you never know). I just answer through the door, "sure, I'll get the police for you and they will help you." Never actually had to call the police to "help" them before they just ran away.

(Washington County)

I've always said it is so much easier to keep someone out of your house, than to to try to get them out once you have let them in. You just dont want to let your guard down and open that door.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    That's why my Glock goes with me if anyone knocks on the door after dark...and I frequently have a 38 with me even during daylight.
    I've been doing this also IWB/SOB out of sight, just in case it's a neighbor wanting a cup of sugar.The dog will hear them before they even knock. Also put in a large door viewer low down so the Mrs. can use it. She likes her .38 .

(Fulton County)

hey thanks for the Neg rep point Charginchuck

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by fultonCoShooter View Post
    hey thanks for the Neg rep point Charginchuck
    I'm sorry about that, I meant to give a positive points. I must have accidentaly had the wrong option selected. I will make it up to you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast