Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Clearfield County)

Default I Just Had to Tell SOMEONE

The wife is away for the weekend visiting her dad, so I went out and bought a new Springfield Armory XD 45. (5 Inch barrel, .45 ACP 13+1) Shot a box (50 rounds) of Wolf ammo through it and it worked flawlessly and I was surprised at how mild the recoil was.

Although, now that I think about it, everything has had pretty mild recoil since I bought my .44 magnum Super Redhawk last summer.

Picked it up at Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield for $529. It had the two magazines, holster, lock, mag loader in the advertised kit. They had a good selection in stock. I selected the all black model. I know Grice has a spotty service reputation, but the young fellow that waited on me did a good job and the background check was very quick.

Just to show the dear sweet wife that I was thinking about her, while I was at the range, I zeroed in the new Red Dot scope on her Beretta .22 she will be using next weekend at a "Ladies Only" shoot. Now, how thoughtful is that?

There is something very comforting in the heft of a 13 round magazine full of .45 ACP.

I'd be interested in hearing about any good CC holsters.

Thanks in advance.
    "Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." G.K. Chesterton

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: I Just Had to Tell SOMEONE

Congrats on the new addition to the family.
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you. -Andrew Wilkow

(Luzerne County)

A cop friend of mine carries the XD45 as a duty weapon. His thoughts are 13 rounds of .45 is not enough, he'll launch the Crown Vic at them....

(Centre County)

Nice. I got to fire one of those last summer and I liked it. Not enough to buy one, but it seemed like like a well made gun and I liked the way it felt in my hand and the way it shot. My main dislike of it was that it reminded me too much of a Glock.

So, since you just happened to buy it while the Mrs just happened to be out of town, is it safe to assume that it's one of those "We won't mention this to the wife for awhile" guns? I have a couple of those in my safe.

Nice gun.... need pictures.

There are lots of good holsters, Desantis and Highnoon are two of my favorites. Blackhawk Serpa's are also a good holster.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Clearfield County)

Here are a couple pictures of the festivities when the new family member arrived.

Some of the handguns were excited about the XD 45 and, just like our dogs, had to sniff the new member's fanny.

Some of the long guns were a bit stand-offish, but given time, I am confident that they too will welcome the newbie.

As to keeping it a secret from the dear sweet wife for awhile, I wish I could. She normally leverages a firearm purchase into a significantly higher valued purchase of some sort.

Unfortunately, we share the checking account. I get the deposit tickets and she gets the checks. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." G.K. Chesterton

i want your beretta...
    This Space For Rent

(Philadelphia County)

Nice pick-up, you will love your XD.

BTW, I want your EMP. How do you like that?
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

Rep sent for buying XD
    ΑΣΦ

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by sksmith75 View Post
    The wife is away for the weekend visiting her dad, so I went out and bought a new Springfield Armory XD 45. (5 Inch barrel, .45 ACP 13+1) Shot a box (50 rounds) of Wolf ammo through it and it worked flawlessly and I was surprised at how mild the recoil was.

Although, now that I think about it, everything has had pretty mild recoil since I bought my .44 magnum Super Redhawk last summer.

Picked it up at Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield for $529. It had the two magazines, holster, lock, mag loader in the advertised kit. They had a good selection in stock. I selected the all black model. I know Grice has a spotty service reputation, but the young fellow that waited on me did a good job and the background check was very quick.

Just to show the dear sweet wife that I was thinking about her, while I was at the range, I zeroed in the new Red Dot scope on her Beretta .22 she will be using next weekend at a "Ladies Only" shoot. Now, how thoughtful is that?

There is something very comforting in the heft of a 13 round magazine full of .45 ACP.

I'd be interested in hearing about any good CC holsters.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm calling bull$hit... ..No one gets attention at Grices to even buy a firearm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast