Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default "In God We Trust", Being Phased Out?

I couldn't help but notice this. I wound up with a 2007 dollar coin and was looking at it, and something just didn't seem right with it.

Now that I noticed that "In God We Trust" is on the edge of the coin, how convenient it is not to be noticed on the face of the coin, to have it eventually phased out? I mean, who pays attention to the edge of a coin?

Thoughts?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: "In God We Trust", Being Phased Out?

sounds like a sneaky way to see if the American public notices.........

It amazes me that this country can stray so far away from the way it was founded and some people even have the audacity to say that God is not what made this country great. It'll be the downfall of this civilization as we know it.

I don't care how atheist or anti-God you are, this country prospered because we did things the way God wanted them and that is quickly disappearing.

It's sad........

BTW - please keep all negative rep to yourself - it's childish to give out negative rep over something like this. If you agree and want to leave positive rep, that's fine. I'm sick of the couple people who just have to be negative and can't just walk away. This is not intended to turn into a religious battle - it's simply my thoughts in reply to the original post..........
    Last edited by Punisher; February 3rd, 2008 at 01:01 PM.
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

(Indiana County)

We did things the way the people wanted them, seeing as how "God" is a human construct.

(Lehigh County)

That is the first area to wear off on our coins. Deliberate?
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    We did things the way the people wanted them, seeing as how "God" is a human construct.
    i don't agree with that whatsoever, but i'm not about to start beating a dead horse..........you only prove my point further.......
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    Deliberate?
    It wouldn't surprise me.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    That is the first area to wear off on our coins. Deliberate?
    that's what i was thinking.......
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

(Jefferson County)

I sincerely doubt "In God We Trust" is gonna be phased out. It is officially the national motto by Congressional Act. ..That and the USCA9C said its okay in Aronow v United States.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I sincerely doubt "In God We Trust" is gonna be phased out. It is officially the national motto by Congressional Act. ..That and the USCA9C said its okay in Aronow v United States.
    Funny how it's being chiseled out of monuments on federal courthouses, any reference of God, such as the 10 Commandments being removed from an Alabama State judicial building...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/27/ten.commandments/

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjl127 View Post
    Funny how it's being chiseled out of monuments on federal courthouses, any reference of God, such as the 10 Commandments being removed from an Alabama State judicial building...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/27/ten.commandments/

Good. It was only added with the fear of the communists anyways and no matter what you try to say the founding fathers deliberately chose not to include God in the constitution or in any part of the government.

The 10 commandments have long been trumpeted as being the basis for our legal system, and this is also incorrect. Only 2 items from the list are currently illegal (theft and murder) and the rest don't really matter legally. Even the moral ones change, we don't stone people for working on Sunday. A court should not have religious symbols involved, it is a place where crimes are tried under the standards set forth by society and the accused's peers. Any form of religious ideals only make this process worse.

Getting back to "in god we trust". It was added in against the will of the people (same with the pledge of allegiance) and it should be removed from our money. By placing this as a public motto the Gov't is endorsing religion which goes against the establishment clause. Even without mentioning a specific deity it leaves room only for monotheistic, omnipotent religions and excludes ANY polytheistic religions, religions without a supreme deity, and any form of agnosticism and atheism.

So in conclusion it should be phased out and if I ever meet the designer who placed it on the rim I will shake his hand and thank him for upholding the constitution.

Last edited by Atomic Dog; February 3rd, 2008 at 01:54 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast