Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ar-15 6-position buttstock question...

Wondering if there is any difference between the manufacturers of the basic 6-position buttstock? Are they all made by the same manufacturer and relabeled?

I am looking for a decent quality one, but don't want to spend more than 100 bucks or so.

Any recommendations?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Ar-15 6-position buttstock question...

StevieB92, I'm new to the AR-15. I have been looking for a good buttstock myself and there are so many online vedors it makes my head spin. What I found is the Command Arms Buttstock. It comes with the buttstock, nut, retainer, buffer tube, buffer spring and buffer. It also has a rubber shock pad, battery storage and Picatinny rail. I think thats the complete buttstock and it looks to be made a little sturdier that the plane Jane collapsible. I found it at many online vendors but the cheapest I was abel to find was the Sportsmans Guide the price is $69.97 Cheaper than Dirt has it for $73.49 and Midway for $84.99. Hope that helps If anyone has other info on this buttstock please chime in. Like I said I'm new at the ar.
    EB EVO KC9, Kimber SS Raptor Pro II,
    Sig 226 Legion, Wilson Combat Supergrade

(Berks County)

I had looked at those 6 positions but i decided to take the plunge and just went and bought a Magpul CTR. You can find them here... http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Stocks-s/49.htm

However a word of warning if you do not know whether your buffer tube is of military or civilian spec; I would think about just ordering a mil-spec buffer tube and the mil spec CTR to be on the safe side. The diameter of the tubes is slightly different. It makes just enough difference when fitting the CTR it is designed not to move much at all when locked in place.

One of the best accessories i have bought and i dont think i would put any other stock on my rifles. Except maybe the Magpul PRS and the other newer Magpul stock thatisnt out yet.
    Last edited by Kenshin; January 30th, 2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Grammer... :S
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    I had looked at those 6 positions but i decided to take the plunge and just went and bought a Magpul CTR. You can find them here... http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Stocks-s/49.htm

However a word of warning if you do not know whether your buffer tube is of military or civilian spec; I would think about just ordering a mil-spec buffer tube and the mil spec CTR to be on the safe side. The diameter of the tubes is slightly different. It makes just enough difference when fitting the CTR it is designed not to move much at all when locked in place.

One of the best accessories i have bought and i dont think i would put any other stock on my rifles. Except maybe the Magpul PRS and the other newer Magpul stock thatisnt out yet.
    Mil spec tubes have the tops of the treads higher than the tube itself (entire tube turned on a lathe, removing material all along the length of the tube). Commercial tubes will be flush with the top of the threads (only the bottom of the threads removed)....all you really needs is a straight edge to be sure...that or call the manufacturer of your rifle, or ask here.

(Beaver County)

i have one of the ace m4-7 stocks on my ar. it is rock solid and is a nice touch to a fighting ar.
    its actually a 7 position and is adjustable for slop and different stop points.
    overall a very nice stock while retaining the original look... all for about $100.

heres the pic:

heres the link:
    http://riflestocks.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=291

So anyone know then if Bushmaster Xm15-E2s. Is that civilian or military stock needed for that thanks.

(Allegheny County)

The Magpul MOE is a nice buttstock and not that expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

You should try to install a Mil-spec tube/kit if you do not already have one. I love my VLTOR and I got it w/ the complete kit although a bit pricey.
    For $82.95 you can get a BMC GEN 2 complete milspec kit.

(Montgomery County)

If you are looking for O.D. Green or "Coyote Brown", ACE has a special for $32 w/ the tube (add $15 if you want the buffer and spring)

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=293
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

ok, I'd like to tag this with a similar question so I don't have to post a new topic. I've already got a bog-standard 6-pos stock, but being 6'4", it's a couple inches too short for me to shoot comfortably. Is there an extension that I can put on the end of the stock, or a stock that I should by that extends further?
    “War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.” - John Stuart Mill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast