Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Angry Salinas police open fire on unarmed couple

Although, not PA it is alarming that some police officers cavalierly disregard the wellfare of civilians when they feel threatened. The couple apparently was not armed as they weren't even cited, but that wasn't determined until 15 bullets later. California Police are nuts! Can you imagine if this couple actually had a gun? If someone other than a cop would have done this, they'd already be charged, incarcerated and facing the legal fight of their life. http://www.modbee.com/state_wire/story/590570.html

SALINAS, Calif. —
    A Salinas policeman says he thought he had been shot so he and another officer opened fire on an unarmed couple whose car was pulled over for a routine traffic stop.

The couple's sport utility vehicle was peppered with bullets, but no one was hurt. Adrianna Velasquez and Julio Fernandez, who were inside the SUV when officers opened fire late Tuesday, weren't arrested or cited.

Police commander of investigations Dino Bardoni said Thursday that the officer pulled over the SUV for a broken license plate light.

While walking up to the vehicle, Bardoni says the officer perceived a threat and "thought he was shot," so the two officers at the scene opened fire. The officer wasn't wounded.

The names of the officers are being withheld.

Information from: The Salinas Californian, http://www.californianonline.com

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Salinas police open fire on unarmed couple

WHAT?!?!?!?!

This should be the Daily Onion!! Not a real newspaper!!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ice2meetyu View Post
    Although, not PA it is alarming that some police officers cavalierly disregard the wellfare of civilians when they feel threatened. The couple apparently was not armed as they weren't even cited, but that wasn't determined until 15 bullets later. California Police are nuts! Can you imagine if this couple actually had a gun? If someone other than a cop would have done this, they'd already be charged, incarcerated and facing the legal fight of their life. http://www.modbee.com/state_wire/story/590570.html

SALINAS, Calif. —
    A Salinas policeman says he thought he had been shot so he and another officer opened fire on an unarmed couple whose car was pulled over for a routine traffic stop.

The couple's sport utility vehicle was peppered with bullets, but no one was hurt. Adrianna Velasquez and Julio Fernandez, who were inside the SUV when officers opened fire late Tuesday, weren't arrested or cited.

Police commander of investigations Dino Bardoni said Thursday that the officer pulled over the SUV for a broken license plate light.

While walking up to the vehicle, Bardoni says the officer perceived a threat and "thought he was shot," so the two officers at the scene opened fire. The officer wasn't wounded.
    California police are some of the most trigger happy, heavily armed police on the planet. I'm from SoCal, and I can tell you that Philly PD look like friggin meter maids next to storm troopers that I grew up with. This kind of shit happens every week out there.

Its everything from attitude to gear. TTBOMK, almost every jurisdictions in CA allows their officers to carry a long gun in addition to a shotgun. That's two long guns per cruiser. Here in Philthy, the squaddies don't even have shotguns! (Unless they're in the trunk and I missed em.....) It was really eye opening the changes that happened with the police in SoCal following the North Hollywood Shootout.

The attitude difference is what you are seeing - I found Philly cops to be more gruff but more like a public servant - helpful about little stuff (like where the fuck am I?!?!? I'm lost!). California cops, paradoxically, were nicer but acted far more like a soldier in an occupied zone. Everyone was a potential criminal. I found them much more unsettling - the cops control over others was less interpersonal. Contrast that people control with fire control - Cali cops are horrible shots!!:

The couple's sport utility vehicle was peppered with bullets, but no one was hurt.
    I miss alot of things about Cali. This ain't one of 'em.

These are just my observations and opinions, I am not stating them as facts.
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ice2meetyu View Post

SALINAS, Calif. —

The names of the officers are being withheld.

Information from: The Salinas Californian, http://www.californianonline.com
    Wow! Can't wait to hear the officers explaination as to what "threat" he perceived........and what made him think he was shot.

(Monroe County)

i wonder what it feels like to "think you've been shot" and not to be really sure if you have been or not.

that is a dumb LEO right there.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Cumberland County)

Wow, just wow!!! What make and model was that SUV? I want one of those. What a selling point for todays auto makers.

"Buy American, we've bullet proofed our vehicles from potential drive by and LEO shootings."

I'd be disappointed if it were a foreign model. It had a broken license plate light so it had to be American or it wasn't broke at all until after the shooting.

un freaking believable..... better make sure all my lights are working ~~~ 15 bullets and nobody was hit? wonder how many more just outright missed the SUV.

*wipes the blood spurting from his eyes off the screen*
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Indiana County)

All that for a license plate light? I don't even want to think about what they do for a blown headlight.

(Lehigh County)

Somehow, I highly doubt that this is over with. Guaranteed lawsuit on their hands, I am really surprises nobody was killed, let alone injured.

(Cumberland County)

these people need to press charges against them dumb fucks .i mean come on if you don't know if you have been shoot you need a new job because you are a retard.lets face it if you cant tell the difference between getting pinched or a stone flying up off of the road and hitting your vest. you really have no reason to go on living as far as I'm concerned.you should be locked in a room and castrated so you can not infect the rest of the world with your terrible case of stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast