Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    It’s a very slippery slope trying to save people from themselves through legislation...very Bloombergesk...
    I have no interest in saving people from themselves, but I have an abiding interest in saving myself from others.

Of all the people in my orbit who couldn't hold a job, who tossed their trash in my alley, who acted badly in public, who prowled alleys at night breaking windows and stealing small items . . . not one of them had adult friends or cops who said "if only he'd smoke more weed".

Yes, we risk a false trend (like the anti-gun weenies do) by noting that "most serial killers drank milk as kids". But I can't discount decades of personal observation, and hordes of my own clients, and seeing a correlation between "poor choices and failed lives" and "using drugs or alcohol to mask the unhappiness caused by poor choices and failed lives".

On a marginally related note, if you wouldn't like your friends at a party if nobody was smoking or drinking, then you have bad friends. I'm not advocating legislation for that, it's just my personal conclusion.

If we had a Darwinian society where you either work or starve, then I'd be all for letting everyone make his own choices and letting the chips fall wherever. We don't have that. We don't execute thieves, or DUI killers, and we don't let the bastard children of addicts starve. The taxpayers pay for all the poor choices, from childbirth to Narcan shots to jails to Section 8 housing and all the other "equitable" costs of sharing the wealth.

So as soon as we kill the nanny state, we can go "back" to the system of treating each free person like an island, and let everyone make whatever piss-poor choices he wishes.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

So much wisdom in this post, somewhat loosely camouflaged in dry humor. Can't rep you again.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I have no interest in saving people from themselves, but I have an abiding interest in saving myself from others.

Of all the people in my orbit who couldn't hold a job, who tossed their trash in my alley, who acted badly in public, who prowled alleys at night breaking windows and stealing small items . . . not one of them had adult friends or cops who said "if only he'd smoke more weed".

Yes, we risk a false trend (like the anti-gun weenies do) by noting that "most serial killers drank milk as kids". But I can't discount decades of personal observation, and hordes of my own clients, and seeing a correlation between "poor choices and failed lives" and "using drugs or alcohol to mask the unhappiness caused by poor choices and failed lives".

On a marginally related note, if you wouldn't like your friends at a party if nobody was smoking or drinking, then you have bad friends. I'm not advocating legislation for that, it's just my personal conclusion.

If we had a Darwinian society where you either work or starve, then I'd be all for letting everyone make his own choices and letting the chips fall wherever. We don't have that. We don't execute thieves, or DUI killers, and we don't let the bastard children of addicts starve. The taxpayers pay for all the poor choices, from childbirth to Narcan shots to jails to Section 8 housing and all the other "equitable" costs of sharing the wealth.

So as soon as we kill the nanny state, we can go "back" to the system of treating each free person like an island, and let everyone make whatever piss-poor choices he wishes.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    ...you remind me of my Dad. He’s not a conspiracy theorist though.
    Every time you quote yourself and then someone else I'm like, "Woe dude thats like totally ". What were we talking about?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    pop your soma
    "A gramme is better than a damn"
    Google translate choked.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Freedom is a relative term.

If you think the UK, Canada, Mexico, China, North Korea... are better than the US, then don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
    Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.

Freedom is for slaves Give me liberty or give me death.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

Back then it was for church and charity, family and friend. The idea that state should take over and play robin hood and political office was a lifetime gig and above the law is what ruins liberty.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    The majority of the people I know are against the government prohibiting anything, including weed and guns. How can a reasonable person be for one and against the other? You're either pro a nanny government or not, there is no in between.
    My issue is that I still see violence continuing amongst street dealers. Is the weed going to be sold and taxed by the government ? Are they going to decriminalize it and allow anyone to grow or sell it? How will they tax the latter then ?

Personally if no one else was affected by someone getting high on weed, I wouldn’t care. Driving while under the influence has become an issue though.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    My issue is that I still see violence continuing amongst street dealers. Is the weed going to be sold and taxed by the government ? Are they going to decriminalize it and allow anyone to grow or sell it? How will they tax the latter then ?

Personally if no one else was affected by someone getting high on weed, I wouldn’t care. Driving while under the influence has become an issue though.
    How are taxes collected when people make their own beer and/or wine? Yeah, those stoners are always obstructing traffic at slow speeds.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    How are taxes collected when people make their own beer and/or wine? Yeah, those stoners are always obstructing traffic at slow speeds.
    While it’s apples and oranges, I am sure they paid tax on the beer and wine making ingredients. And as long it was for personal consumption it didn’t matter.

I don’t think there is a lot of taxable ingredients that go into growing weed.

But I don’t want to hear how it will be taxed and the revenue used to fund the government, if it won’t be taxed.

The slow stoners don’t bother me. The crazy K2 or PCP laced smokers terrify me.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    While it’s apples and oranges, I am sure they paid tax on the beer and wine making ingredients. And as long it was for personal consumption it didn’t matter.

I don’t think there is a lot of taxable ingredients that go into growing weed.

But I don’t want to hear how it will be taxed and the revenue used to fund the government, if it won’t be taxed.

The slow stoners don’t bother me. The crazy K2 or PCP laced smokers terrify me.
    To prevent bad batches of chemical laced crap, perhaps people should be able to grow it themselves and screw taxes. I don't pay taxes on the tomatoes or peppers I grow why should I pay it on another natural plant?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast