Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Fleecing of America: Costly ICE Switch to Sig Sauer Guns Tied to Sexual Relationship

An interesting article/post from Debbie Schlussel:

Fleecing of America: Costly ICE Switch to Sig Sauer Guns Tied to Sexual Relationship

Yesterday, I mentioned that Department of Homeland Security-approved security technology will often have a lot to do with who is sleeping with whom.

And I wasn't making that up.

Over the last several years, I've gotten many verified complaints from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents and personnel, about various contracts that ICE signs for costly, less effective equipment and other items, merely because the purchaser or deciding party at ICE was "dating" (euphemism) the salesman at the company. There are a lot of items on which ICE has spent your tax dollars--from computer programs to the company that moved ICE to its current headquarters to the guns--all of which ICE has chosen either because of nepotism or sex and not because they were the best or least expensive items sought.

Some of this involves ICE official, Theresa Bertucci--whose whole family now seems to work for ICE (and who improperly used ICE police to guard the important American site of . . . her brother's funeral). Bertucci made sweetheart deals with a company called Bearing Point.

But, now, ICE agents tell me that they are being forced to switch to a cumbersome Sig Sauer gun (from smaller Glocks) because the ICE employee who made the decision was sleeping with the Sig Sauer salesman. And it could endanger ICE agents, not to mention make it easier for illegal aliens to "make" them. Here's what ICE agents are telling me about why they must now transition to the Sig Sauer as their primary sidearm:

We are currently transitioning from our Legacy (INS or U.S. Customs Service) weapons to the Sig Sauer P229R and this must be completed by end of this month.
    We can't understand why this is happening, except that we've been hearing that the Sig Sauer contract was obtained fraudulently as a former female ICE employee was sleeping with the guy from Sig Sauer, and that allegedly that ICE person was indicted for fraud.

The Sig Sauer is a much bigger in size weapon, ironic that we wear plain clothes during work. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents use the Glock--the one I carry. I was a U.S. Customs Agent, and this was our weapon, which ICE said was no good. It's funny that even CBP carries the smaller weapon and they are uniformed. Since we are not, a bigger weapon--the Sig Sauer--will stick out, and illegal aliens and other criminals will spot us and our guns.

ICE has given us just one day to learn this new weapon and qualify at the range. One eight hour day. Yet, in the U.S. Customs Service Academy (before ICE), they gave us about five months to learn how to use our current weapon. This is unbelievable. There are many ICE agents failing and having their guns pulled. Why ICE is only giving us one day to learn is beyond me. Talk about liability. Wait until the criminal defense attorneys and trial lawyers start using this in court.

Another ICE disaster.

Yes, that's ICE, where nepotism, cronyism, and sex dominate--not protecting us against illegal aliens and terrorist arms smuggling.

It's sad that this is happening, but even sadder is that nepotism and sleeping around is unfortunately the reason why a lot of things happen at Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

As I've noted on this site, the acting head of the agency, John P. Torres, ignored federal hiring rules and ICE and Homeland Security procedures and set up rubber-stamping committees so he could hire his unqualified extramarital girlfriend to get a top ICE Special Agent job.

He set the atmosphere for this kind of abuse at ICE, and got promoted for doing so. And until he and Ms. Bertucci--they are the top two people at ICE until the new ICE secretary is confirmed--are disciplined for this behavior, American taxpayers will continue to be abused by these two proud high school grads (well, actually, Bertucci got her GED) running the Department of Homeland Security's largest law enforcement agency.

At ICE, it's not what you know. It's with whom you're exchanging bodily fluids. (Attention, Terrorists . . . .)
    Last edited by rev214; March 12th, 2009 at 04:26 PM.
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

Default Re: Fleecing of America: Costly ICE Switch to Sig Sauer Guns Tied to Sexual Relations

This article reads like it was written by a troll. Personally, I'd rather carry a Sig.
    Proudly served.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Fleecing of America: Costly ICE Switch to Sig Sauer Guns Tied to Sexual Relations

Sorry but what exactly is the issue? She bought SIG and got laid. Seems like all worked our pretty well.

(Allegheny County)

if i were an ICE agent and forced to switch from carrying a glock to carrying a sig, i would be royally pissed regardless of the reason behind the switch (especially if that model of SIG uses a DA/SA trigger).
    F*S=k

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    if i were an ICE agent and forced to switch from carrying a glock to carrying a sig, i would be royally pissed regardless of the reason behind the switch (especially if that model of SIG uses a DA/SA trigger).
    Me too. But... but... maybe it was a good reason, like the one that so many police departments are using to waste lots of taxpayer money: perhaps the SIGs fire the one-shot-elephant-stopping .45 he-round, while the Glocks only fired those little harmless 9mm pellets that can't even stop a fly.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Since when is a Sig 229 much bigger, more cumbersome, and less effective than a Glock? Maybe ICE just didn't want to carry Glocks because the f-ing things keep blowing up. Article sounds like it was written, or at least the complaint came from, a Glock zombie. We all know the ones: the folks who think that only a Glock is reliable, accurate, carriable, etc. We all know better, we all know that there are plenty of guns just as accurate, reliable, etc.

Silly article, and the girl who wrote it sounds like a silly girl. IMHO, of course.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

That's what I call excellent customer service!

(Berks County)

I think they did the switch so the idiots would stop accidentally shooting each other and themselves everytime they tried to field strip the Glock to clean it!

Personally I own both brands and like them both but would have to side with the Sig if I was forced to........

(Allegheny County)

At least we know she went down for her country.

Maybe she just had an idea and wanted to run it up the flagpole to see who looked...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast