Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Asked to Come to State Police Barracks *Updated Post #93

Last edited by 4191775; December 12th, 2022 at 07:07 PM.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Ask to Come to State Police Barracks for Questioning PIC's Denial?

Quote Originally Posted by 4191775 View Post
    Someone I know failed a PIC's check, called to find out why, unbeknownst to them they had a 302 on their record and they're now being asked to come to the PA State Police Barracks.

Background, The person voluntarily went to see a social worker at a local crisis center when they were 18(stupid teenager stuff) but were never admitted at a patiant.

Fyi, This person has never owned a gun.

What do you think's going on here?

I appreciate any insight.

Thanks a lot,

My advice, tell him to show up with an attorney.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Happened to a friend of mine but for DUI's. He never had to go to the station,
    they just called him and explained.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4191775 View Post
    Someone I know failed a PIC's check, called to find out why, unbeknownst to them they had a 302 on their record and they're now being asked to come to the PA State Police Barracks.

Background, The person voluntarily went to see a social worker at a local crisis center when they were 18(stupid teenager stuff) but were never admitted at a patiant.

Fyi, This person has never owned a gun.

What do you think's going on here?

I appreciate any insight.

Thanks a lot,

First and foremost, question their story. Second, run your own check through the Unified Justice Portal and see what, if anything, you can find. Third has already been covered.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    My advice, tell him to show up with an attorney.
    Definitely this...

(Berks County)

Somebody isn't telling somebody the whole story. Even if they HAD a 302 on their record, PSP wouldn't have them come in for it. And if they were never admitted, there shouldn't be a 302 to begin with. @gunlawyer01?
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Columbia County)

I thought they only release that information via challenge form?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    Somebody isn't telling somebody the whole story. Even if they HAD a 302 on their record, PSP wouldn't have them come in for it. And if they were never admitted, there shouldn't be a 302 to begin with. @gunlawyer01?
    Absolutely correct. I recently had a family member fail a PICs inquiry AFTER he paid the fee to have the the State Police run a back ground check*he was clean but a 302 doesn*t show up on this report. I told him to lawyer up. The state police called and he was required to send them a copy of his back ground request, which he did. They sent him a letter stating that he was ineligible to purchase a firearm because the local police had taken him to a hospital for observation after his girl friend reported him to be suicidal. No arrest and no appearance before a judge, just the police following guidelines. The state police *caseworker*
    Contacted him by phone and told him that his only recourse was to get the 302 expunged.
    The state police will get aggressive, but in this case, the person in question should lawyer up and be prepared to be arrested. They would never (I believe) call a person to the station over a 302 without an investigation.

(Wayne County)

File an appeal with PICS, why go into the station?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    File an appeal with PICS, why go into the station?
    The problem now isn't the gun purchase, it's staying out of jail. They may believe he lied on the form. He needs to talk to an attorney ASAP.
    Last edited by scruff; June 30th, 2021 at 10:44 AM.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast