Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Thumbs up grandaughters first shoot

Well it finally happened. After moving in with us 4 months ago the grand d asked if I would take her to the range with the club next time we go. Tonight we went, for the last few days we have been going over the safety rules and she has been reading the basic Pistol booklet from the NRA. All I can say is when she puts her mind to it she certainly does get it. While under my VERY watchful Eye I showed her how to aim and shoot while going over the safety of Always down range, Finger off the trigger mantra. She took to the range quite easily and except for one reminder of "Finger off the trigger", she made it through the 1.5 hours of shooting. In fact she did impress me to the point where I brought out the .22 handgun (revolver) and watched as she shot that as well. I guess the clincher was when on our way home I asked if she enjoyed herself and that smile of hers said all but "can I go again". So it looks like we have a new shooter in the family.
    hgsw67

(Pike County)

Thumbs up Re: grandaughters first shoot

I guess the clincher was when on our way home I asked if she enjoyed herself and that smile of hers said all but "can I go again". So it looks like we have a new shooter in the family.
    With you as the teacher, I know she will become expert. Not only do you have a new shooter in the family - you have a "SAFE" shooter.

I am sure the group was proud of her accomplishment and that she will always be a welcome guest at the range with her new friends.