Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default So I got Fired.........

Well I got fired Monday. The reason ???? Because when asked why I was written up I responded " I said something my boss said I shouldnt have and I cant talk about it" , This in turn got me written up again and let go since I was at 89 days. I filed for unemployment monday night. Im going to use this to get out of retiail period. I decided Im going to go to school while I can collect unemployment. Im thinking of getting my EMT certification that ive always thought about getting.

Anyone know how much unemployment I can collect? I think I can pay my bills , just wont be able to afford anything else. I figure Ill also use the system to my advantage and apply for foodstamps since my taxes have paid for others foodstamps for years.

Ive never been unemployed, never collected unemployment or any other government stuff. Guess its time I get some of that back. Anyone else here run into this problem?

(Mercer County)

Default Re: So I got Fired.........

Welcome to the line, brother!

It has been three years since I had to deal with UC, so I can't quite help ya...especially in the age of Obamassiah.

(Allegheny County)

Well not sure what you got paid in retail EMT ranges from 8-11 an hour. Medic pays a lot more but your looking at min 17 mo's training for both.
    Sector-4

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ofc520bhpd View Post
    Well not sure what you got paid in retail EMT ranges from 8-11 an hour. Medic pays a lot more but your looking at min 17 mo's training for both.
    I will end up taking a pay cut , but i think its worth it in the long run.
    No longer posting

(York County)

Why did you get written up the first time? I mean the "I said something my boss said I shouldnt have and I cant talk about it" issue.

If you can't, or don't want to answer...it would be totally understandable. I'm just being nosy...
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Why did you get written up the first time? I mean the "I said something my boss said I shouldnt have and I cant talk about it" issue.

If you can't, or don't want to answer...it would be totally understandable. I'm just being nosy...
    another thread , lol
    http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/65061-need-vent.html
    No longer posting

(Beaver County)

Well, if I were you I wouldn't expect to receive that unemployment without a fight. In order to qualify, you have to lose your job through no fault of your own. I'm sure your former employer will argue otherwise.

Regarding wages, if you PM me with what you estimate your highest gross quarterly wages to be from your base year (April 2008 - March 2009) I can look in the book and see what the weekly benefit rate is.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ofc520bhpd View Post
    EMT ranges from 8-11 an hour....at min 17 mo's training for both.
    Thats bullshit. 17 months of training and these guys are only making $8-$11/hour?? Thats fucked up man. These guys are out there saving lives and they get payed this little? I think we need to take all these professional sports players, cut their pay, make them lose their multi million dollar houses and the rest of the shit they waste money on and throw some of it to the people that are actually making a difference in the world, you know, the doctors, teachers, EMTs, nurses, etc. This is truly sad.

Riverpirate, sorry to hear you lost your job. I hope things work out for you man!

(Dauphin County)

File a UC claim online. in 10 days or so you will get a letter. if they say no, you can appeal it and the opportunity to explain what happened. after my wife walked off a job to take care of my dying mom, we filed. Giant fought it and lost. you never know unless you file
    If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
    A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

AMEN BROTHER! and you got us bluecollar class busting our ass everyday and dont seem to get anywhere. try living in the U.P. if you find a job here you bess like it or suck it up cuz there aint shit here but id never leave its gods country up here nuttin but woods.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast