Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB Holster

(Warren County)

Default IWB Holster

Ok, this is going to sound like a complete Newb question, but I live in the sticks and have only every carried OWB. I'd like to get a nice IWB holster but have one question that keeps nagging me. Do you step up to the next size pants ? I'm getting to the age where I have a bit of a spare tire, and although I'd never consider my pants tight, i.e. I'm not feeling my belt squeeze into my fat. After everyone stops laughing let me know if you wear a larger size pants while carrying than you otherwise would.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: IWB Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter04 View Post
    Do you step up to the next size pants ? After everyone stops laughing let me know if you wear a larger size pants while carrying than you otherwise would.
    Yes. If you wear pants that fit without a gun IWB, they will likely be very uncomfortable with a gun IWB.
    No laughing here. It's a legitimate question. I carry all the time, so all my pants are a size larger to accommodate IWB carry.
    Last edited by unloved; July 29th, 2009 at 04:19 PM.

(Dauphin County)

I've just picked up a Kholster because they're running an awesome deal until the end of the month (basically an MTAC or Crossbreed style tuckable leather/kydex hybrid IWB).

So yeah, I can tell you that it can be done, you can wear an IWB with your regular pants unless they're tight enough to determine religion, but it won't be super comfy.

But I'm looking at it the other way. I'm not going to rush out to buy pants of a bigger size. Instead, I'm going to be uncomfortable until I get the waistline down an inch or two.

I don't feel the need to walk around in a tent if I don't have to.. besides, may as well have some motivation to get in better shape!

(Delaware County)

Getting larger pants definitely won't hurt, but it really depends on the holster. I can wear my Glock 26 in a kholster in just about any pants that I own. The only ones that it's uncomfortable in are the ones that are already tight.
    My Blade Tech on the other hand, needs to be worn with lose pants to be comfortable. Side by side, the blade tech is much thicker than the kholster.

If you're worried about using your current pants, I would stick with the kholster/supertuck style designs. Clamshell holsters will be thicker, and will need extra room.

(Berks County)

I carry IWB, I have a waist that makes women jealous (28 inches), all my pants are 30 waist so the holster/gun don't dig into me. Even us skinny guys need to be comfy. Buy your pants and inch or two bigger in the waist and you'll be fine, it also helps hide the bulge created by the holster.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Monroe County)

OK I was looking at IWB holsters, but I finally bought a holster. I bicycle ride and hike I am concerned about dropping my firearm should I have an accident while riding or jumping, climbing over something. But was having a hard time finding a IWB holster with a thumb break and belt loops instead of clips.

By buddy had me try a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard holster. It is not an IWB, it was suggested to try it since the PPK is small to see how well my shirt would cover the firearm and holster. It does a fine job.

Feels comfortable and will work until I figure out if there is something else I would rather wear.
    Always Carry, Never Tell

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    I carry IWB, I have a waist that makes women jealous (28 inches), all my pants are 30 waist so the holster/gun don't dig into me. Even us skinny guys need to be comfy. Buy your pants and inch or two bigger in the waist and you'll be fine, it also helps hide the bulge created by the holster.
    wow thats my left thigh , lol
    No longer posting

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    wow thats my left thigh , lol
    hahaha i feel sorry for ya
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Montgomery County)

I wear a size up for IWB.

I just bought a Kholster and for some older clothes that have a bit more give, I can manage with normal size. I also carry a Glock, which is pretty chunky.
    Last edited by PA86; August 6th, 2009 at 09:41 PM.

(Chester County)

Nope! I carry a 1911 in a Milt Sparks VMII and have never had to alter my pant size. Most fabrics will stretch after an hour or so even if they are a little snug at first. I hate droopy pants, I have no ass as it is...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast