Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Northeast Philadelphia Armoury Gun Show.... Summary

For all of you that didn't bother going, or forgot about the show, that's most likely a good thing.

The show was a cluster F***. Channel 6 ABC, Channel 10 NBC and the CW News crews were there filming the line, people buying guns and just in general.

For those of you that haven't gone to the show before, it's in the National Guard Armory, not huge inside either. They squeeze in 400 tables, they had 450 for this show, with 2000 people inside.

I arrived at 8:20am, show starts at 9am sharp. The line was 1/4 mile long when we arrived, soon growing to 3/4 mile long by 9am.

Prices are what I would consider insane, and their were plenty of people buying.

Ammo was double or triple what it was 6 months ago. 9mm was $1.05 a round, 5.56mm and .223 were $450 for 500 rounds. All the guns were from $200 as much as $600 above what they were. I saw NIB AK47's and AK74's for $1400. AR15 lowers for $300 each, complete guns for $1500-$2200, not great maker names either.

This will be the last gun show I personally goto in awhile, it's just not worth it, atleast until all the gun rights bullcrap gets ironed out one way or another. The prices are just unreasonable currently.

Andrew

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Northeast Philadelphia Armoury Gun Show.... Summary

Quote Originally Posted by digdug18 View Post
    For all of you that didn't bother going, or forgot about the show, that's most likely a good thing.

The show was a cluster F***. Channel 6 ABC, Channel 10 NBC and the CW News crews were there filming the line, people buying guns and just in general.

For those of you that haven't gone to the show before, it's in the National Guard Armory, not huge inside either. They squeeze in 400 tables, they had 450 for this show, with 2000 people inside.

I arrived at 8:20am, show starts at 9am sharp. The line was 1/4 mile long when we arrived, soon growing to 3/4 mile long by 9am.

Prices are what I would consider insane, and their were plenty of people buying.

Ammo was double or triple what it was 6 months ago. 9mm was $1.05 a round, 5.56mm and .223 were $450 for 500 rounds. All the guns were from $200 as much as $600 above what they were. I saw NIB AK47's and AK74's for $1400. AR15 lowers for $300 each, complete guns for $1500-$2200, not great maker names either.

This will be the last gun show I personally goto in awhile, it's just not worth it, atleast until all the gun rights bullcrap gets ironed out one way or another. The prices are just unreasonable currently.

Andrew

I went to this show last year and saw similar (albiet less extreme) results. NIB Rem 870 Express models for $500 that are selling >$300 at big box stores...WASR's for $650 when local stores were $399-450

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by firebird.77 View Post
    I went to this show last year and saw similar (albiet less extreme) results. NIB Rem 870 Express models for $500 that are selling >$300 at big box stores...WASR's for $650 when local stores were $399-450

That's what I don't get either. There are some very good shops in the area that will beat the prices there any day of the week. Heck, even as crazy as things are right now. I try to support the shops around here as much as possible.

I have continually managed to find 9mm FMJ in the $13-15 range. Not what it was six weeks ago, but it's not those prices.

And no, I'm not remotely saying the show vendors are gouging, it's just that buyers may need to do their homework better.

Did you notice the price on primers and powder?

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the heads up... was thinking about going but I'll pass. Hopefully this nonsense has blown over by the time the Oaks show is here in March.

$1.05 a round for 9mm? Was it gold plated?
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Berks County)

I was at the eagle arms show in allentown today and it was the same way. $400 for a stripped lower. Crowd was ridiculous.

(Bucks County)

saw a spikes stripped lower for $800.... no lie.

I didn't see much in the way of reloading supplies. I didn't see any primers or bullets , very little powder and brass.

(Philadelphia County)

Couldn't make it today.

Not sure whether to try tomorrow or hit Allentown?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSawbuck View Post
    saw a spikes stripped lower for $800.... no lie.

I didn't see much in the way of reloading supplies. I didn't see any primers or bullets , very little powder and brass.
    WOW, I knew I should have gone there instead of going shooting at The Gun Range.

I would have sold my Spikes stripped lower for $799!

In all seriousness, I hope those were "asking" prices, not what lowers actually sold for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast