Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default NBC Poll: Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency?

Didn't see this yet, so my apologies if it is a duplicate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Default Re: NBC Poll: Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency?

I'm guessing MSNBC & GE are unhappy with those poll numbers.

(Chester County)

Default Re: NBC Poll: Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency?

I believe we should trust in God as a nation, not only in the banking trust sense, but also in the sense of trusting His guidance. But do we? If you look at how our currency is being managed and now who's managing it, they're godless, and it's become an ungodly system.

The dollar was supposed to be backed with something. If you back it with gold, there's something valuable in that. If it's used as a medium of exchange of labor or product, that makes sense.

By "printing" massive amounts of our currency, it seems like we're just rapidly diluting the value of labor and products to inflate our way out of debt (and thus shirk it). So if we're monetizing debt to pay for wars and gazillions of other government programs that have no proven benefits and put people in bondage to (i.e. reliance on) government, we may as well remove "In God We Trust" because it's a lie.

In other words, "buying" things you never intend to pay for is not a Godly way as I've learned it.
    Steve762

I think our motto should be "E pluribus unum", which is latin for "Out of Many, One." This has extreme historical significance to the founding of our country.

I think it has more meaning without the state sponsoring any one religion. How would many of you feel if our money said "In Allah we trust"?

EDIT: E pluribus unum was our de facto motto until 1956, when congress switched it to "In God We Trust" during the red scare.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_pluribus_unum
    Last edited by Virtualmatt; August 31st, 2009 at 11:15 AM.

(Delaware County)

was 12%

and

88% when I took the poll still.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

I'd be more offended at the removal of "E Pluribus Unum"
    which should have been the national slogan in the first place

(Lehigh County)

Live Vote
    Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency? * 16178714 responses

Yes. It's a violation of the principle of separation of church and state.
    12%

No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion.
    88%
    Not a scientific survey. Click to learn more. Results may not total 100% due to rounding.

I believe the purpose of the poll is to determine if the motto is offensive to those who do not believe in god.

I answered NO. Regardless of the reason its there, its there. If a person does not believe in God, god, Allah, Odin et al, then the word god is just that, a word.

If someone does not want money because it has these words on it, shoot me a pm and I will give you my address, send all of your money to me, I will make sure it does not offend you anymore.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualmatt View Post
    I think it has more meaning without the state sponsoring any one religion. How would many of you feel if our money said "In Allah we trust"?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_pluribus_unum
    If we were founded on Islam, then it wouldn't bother me.

I'm sick of everyone in this country trying to cater to other countries. They move here, and then dictate what we should do. They come here, illegally, and protest us in our country. ..They speak other languages, and WE'RE the ones supposed to learn their language. "You must learn other languages because we can't understand you", "You can't fly your American flag too high because it offends me", "You need to give us benefits, even if we are illegal", etc... We are a melting pot, ok, I understand that, and I don't disagree with it. But we are the way we are, stop trying to conform us to your old country. If you don't like it, get the F OUT! It's getting really old.
    Last edited by NikeBauer21; August 31st, 2009 at 11:31 AM.
    III%

(York County)

I dont agree with it, because i sure as shit dont trust in no god. With that said, it doesnt bother me in the least, and i think the amount of effort and time to change it isnt really necessary and would just be a waste of time. Its only words.
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    If we were founded on Islam, then it wouldn't bother me.

I'm sick of everyone in this countny trying to cater to other countries. They move here, and then dictate what we should do. They come here, illegally, and protest us in our country. ..They speak other languages, and WE'RE the ones supposed to learn their language. "You must learn other languages because we can't understand you", "You can't fly your American flag too high because it offends me", "You need to give us benefits, even if we are illegal", etc... We are a melting pot, ok, I understand that, and I don't disagree with it. But we are the way we are, stop trying to conform us to your old country. If you don't like it, get the F OUT! It's getting really old.
    I hate to break it to you, but we certainly weren't founded on Christianity either Our original motto was NOT "In God We Trust".

…If you don't like, it, you can "get the f out"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast