Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone here had their foot amputated by their greedy doctor, just for money?

The example has been given by our President that doctors get paid so little for preventive diabetic care, that they instead amputate the feet of their diabetic patients.

I wonder, has this happened to anyone here? I am quite shocked to find out this is going on. I am ESPECIALLY shocked, because my primary care doctor is not a surgeon.

So if I was in that situation, they would not make any money if I got my foot chopped off. In fact, they would lose money because it would be hard for me to visit them if I was missing a foot.

Is it common for diabetics to have surgeons as their primary care physicians? If so , I think I see a way we can better allocate some resources in our health care system.

Last edited by Skeptic; August 12th, 2009 at 04:53 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Anyone here had their foot amputated by their greedy doctor, just for money?

I did - but then i paid another greedy Dr. to put it back on - so they got me twice - damn, screwed by the man again.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Anyone here had their foot amputated by their greedy doctor, just for money?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    The example has been given by our President that doctors get paid so little for preventive diabetic care, that they instead amputate the feet of their diabetic patients.

I wonder, has this happened to anyone here? I am quite shocked to find out this is going on. I am ESPECIALLY shocked, because my primary care doctor is not a surgeon.

So if I was in that situation, they would not make any money if I got my foot chopped off. In fact, they would lose money because it would be hard for me to visit them if I was missing a foot.

Is it common for diabetics to have surgeons as their primary care physicians? If so , I think I see a way we can better allocate some resources in our health care system.
    Lots of people don't have primary care docs. Hence their diabeetus progresses until they have gangrene and show up in the ER needing amputation.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Lots of people don't have primary care docs. Hence their diabeetus progresses until they have gangrene and show up in the ER needing amputation.

Yeah but tht's not the Dr.'s fault.

And how many of those are 300+ lb, living off welfare/disability(fraud) low-lifes?

True, and if that is what he had said I wouldn't really have a problem with iit.

Unfortunately, that is not what our President said. He specifically claimed that the family doctors were paid a pittance and so it was more profitable for them to chop off feet.

Sort of like his claim about the pediatricians tipping the tonsils out of kids for money a few wees ago.

(Philadelphia County)

True, and if that is what he had said I wouldn't really have a problem with iit.

Unfortunately, that is not what our President said. He specifically claimed that the family doctors were paid a pittance and so it was more profitable for them to chop off feet.
    That is not what he said. He said that a PCP gets "a pittance" for preventing amputation while a surgeon (0:47) gets $30,000 for amputation. He never said that PCPs do amputations, much less for money

That is not what he said. He said that a PCP gets "a pittance" for preventing amputation while a surgeon (0:47) gets $30,000 for amputation. He never said that PCPs do amputations, much less for money
    Then why did he even compare the two, other than to imply there was a profit motive to cop off people's feet. Why would a PCP care if a surgeon is making 30, 40, 50 thousand? Why would it make the PCP any less likely to help his diabetic patient, the PCP doesn't get paid for what the surgeon does?

His comparison simply makes no sense unless he is trying to imply some relationship between the two.

He could have used a perfectly logical and valid example like you gave, but instead he chose to go with what he did.

(Franklin County)

but... but... but the Messiah said it. It must be gospel truth!

(Montgomery County)

Then why did he even compare the two, other than to imply there was a profit motive to cop off people's feet. Why would a PCP care if a surgeon is making 30, 40, 50 thousand? Why would it make the PCP any less likely to help his diabetic patient, the PCP doesn't get paid for what the surgeon does?

His comparison simply makes no sense unless he is trying to imply some relationship between the two.

He could have used a perfectly logical and valid example like you gave, but instead he chose to go with what he did.
    I think what O was saying was that if everyone had health care, they could go to there primary Dr. and take the meds and other steps to control the problems. This way you would not need to spend 30K to remove the foot.

I don't like sticking up for him but that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast