Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hk

(Bucks County)

Default hk

whats your thoughts on heckler and koch pistols. i never seen anyone with one. how would they compare to a glock or smith and wesson or even a sig?

Many prefer the HK over the Glocks. Try www.hkpro.com for additional info. I have a SS HK USP45c...for a 45 the recoil is reduced compared to other 45's on the market. The biggest complaint about HK is their lack of CS for civilians...HK markets for military and LE. Another complaint is the higher price tag, but HK's prices are about the same as Sig's new prices.

(Bucks County)

Funny you should mention that. I have an HK with a smokey gray / blue finish that I was reminding myself that I need to take a pic of for the unique colored guns thread. I always wanted an HK because of all the hype, but waited until I found a really good deal on one. Mine is a .40 USPc.

First off I'll say it is a really accurate gun and pretty reliable. It will hiccup occasionally on light reloads, reloads that I've fed through Berettas, Sigs and Glocks just fine. Using standard .40 ammunition, the HK has not jammed on me.

Personally, I'm not fond of the way it shoots. I don't like the way it handles recoil. It feels like it kicks harder than other guns in it's class. I found the trigger takes a little getting used to as well, and I shoot DA/SA guns very frequently in competition.

I'll also admit I'm skeptical of the high price tag. If something costs 20% more than Beretta or Sig, I'd expect it to be 20% better. Admittedly though, I have no intentions of selling it at this point. Perhaps in time I will grow to like it more.

On the plus side, I do like the Erogometrics, though I'm not fond of the mag release. The gun balances well for a polymer and points naturally. Also, it has a low bore axis and the slide stop is in a good location (my two biggest complaints on Sig pistols).

Bottom line, good quality gun. Shoot one. If you like the way it shoots and don't mind spending the few extra $$s, by all means get one.

(Philadelphia County)

I got a chance to shoot an USP .45 right next to my XD .45 for comparisson.

The recoil was certainly reduced a little bit, but otherwise I couldnt justify the extra money over the XD.

Maybe someday when I win the lottery I'll get one of each.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Many prefer the HK over the Glocks. Try www.hkpro.com for additional info. I have a SS HK USP45c...for a 45 the recoil is reduced compared to other 45's on the market. The biggest complaint about HK is their lack of CS for civilians...HK markets for military and LE. Another complaint is the higher price tag, but HK's prices are about the same as Sig's new prices.
    what does CS mean?

also i shot a sig 357 and the empty shells eject very very far, who any other gun do this? i guess it prevents jamming.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    what does CS mean?
    Im trained in Aubie & Drak lingo, so I can chip in and say that CS stands for Customer Service.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    i shot a sig 357 and the empty shells eject very very far, who any other gun do this? i guess it prevents jamming.
    My Beretta 96 throws them to the other end of the range. Nice wide "ejection port" on that model.

OH I know you didn't put me in the same catagory as His Drakness.

Some pics of my USP45c

(Bucks County)

i love that compact. any ever see the mark 23? its like 2400 dollars, better be good!

(Bucks County)

My 2 cents: H&K are all uber-reliable guns, well made, if a little over-priced. The USP series is a little unique in that you can set up the manual of arms almost any way you want (any H&K armorer can change the "Variant").

I had a fullsize USP .45, and personally, I found the DA trigger pull of the DA/SA setup to be abominable. I sold it, which ended my connection to .45ACP anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast