Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Molon Labe, but Katrina confiscation.

So, we all agree we would not fold, and let anyone take our guns. Cold dead hands, as it were. How serious are we? I know I am, but when you look at what happened after Katrina, everyone folded. Maybe our types just left the state for a bit, but "cold dead hands" never happened. The order was televised. They were going to go door to door, and take peoples' guns away, and they in fact did.

So, have people doubled down? Are we more "cold dead hands" than 14 years ago? We keep saying, they will never do it, but they did, and no one actively resisted. Are we now more emboldened by that threat than we were 14 years ago, now that we know they did, and could do it again?

Thoughts?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Molon Labe, but Katrina confiscation.

Just takes that one person to kick things off
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    So, we all agree we would not fold, and let anyone take our guns. Cold dead hands, as it were. How serious are we? I know I am, but when you look at what happened after Katrina, everyone folded. Maybe our types just left the state for a bit, but "cold dead hands" never happened. The order was televised. They were going to go door to door, and take peoples' guns away, and they in fact did.

So, have people doubled down? Are we more "cold dead hands" than 14 years ago? We keep saying, they will never do it, but they did, and no one actively resisted. Are we now more emboldened by that threat than we were 14 years ago, now that we know they did, and could do it again?

Thoughts?
    I think gun owners will march to the gas chambers just like the Jews did. What happened in Katrina was gun owners that weren't in Katrina said "whew, glad that's not me". No doubt, some jews said "well it's just those commie jews, fuck em". When standing there alone and you look behind you for some molon labe support, no one will be there.

It's the same thinking as to why we can't put together a nationwide march.

One group says "not my rights they're infriging on" and so on down the line. No one "molon labe'd" for CT, or NY, we said "glad I live in PA".

Nah, it's a cool slogan, but as a group across the nation, we're weak.

I hope I'm wrong.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

The herd will follow the herd.

I can only speak for myself when I say, I will not follow. That comes from someone who is most indeed behind enemy lines, and enemy has become emboldened by the sheep cowering.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I think gun owners will march to the gas chambers just like the Jews did. What happened in Katrina was gun owners that weren't in Katrina said "whew, glad that's not me". No doubt, some jews said "well it's just those commie jews, fuck em". When standing there alone and you look behind you for some molon labe support, no one will be there.

One group says "not my rights they're infriging on" and so on down the line. No one "molon labe'd" for CT, or NY, we said "glad I live in PA".

I hope I'm wrong.
    Most people are followers, so sure I could see it going like it did in Russia from 1917-1923. Gun owners went to turn the guns in and got executed with their own weapons. But on the other hand us Americans have a penchant for fighting when the time comes. We could have very easily stayed a Brit colony but a few in Lexington and Concord kicked it off and it was game on from there to the World Turned Upside Down. I think that is why the left tries the slow boil. They'll keep tying our hands up with a bazillion laws and rules and legislate it away over time. If you take New York and Connecticut and more recently Massachusetts with the bump stock ban, a tiny percentage have complied with the law. But for the left it's a victory as it drove those guns underground, destroyed the commerce in them and eventually they will work their way to surface over the years as do machine guns that were never registered in 1968.

I believe in civil society and working within the law and the legislatures. But if the left decides to act out their fantasies of killing gun owners and all the usual execution stuff, well all I can say is I've had a nice life and Wolverines!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post

I hope I'm wrong.
    So gun owners get tipped off that the Feds are coming to confiscate someone's guns, they get together to pressure the Feds to back off, somebody fires a shot and there's a firefight, deaths on both sides, but the Feds get their asses handed to them and they fall back. It'll immediately go viral if not broadcast live. Then the Feds will have to decide if they want to start a civil war, and gun owners across the country will have a real honest-to-goodness "is it time?" discussion. It could happen someday. It already happened once, minus the Internet.

Don't forget that we recently had use-of-force incident - the Bundy ranch. Guns can be used to fight tyranny without being fired.

(Montgomery County)

Dangerous freedom > peaceful slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    So gun owners get tipped off that the Feds are coming to confiscate someone's guns, they get together to pressure the Feds to back off, somebody fires a shot and there's a firefight, deaths on both sides, but the Feds get their asses handed to them and they fall back. It'll immediately go viral if not broadcast live. Then the Feds will have to decide if they want to start a civil war, and gun owners across the country will have a real honest-to-goodness "is it time?" discussion. It could happen someday. It already happened once, minus the Internet.

Don't forget that we recently had use-of-force incident - the Bundy ranch. Guns can be used to fight tyranny without being fired.
    Everyone will have turned them in by that point.

I'll try to keep the faith.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post

I wonder - could that situation only happen in a "federal" standoff? Otherwise if it's a single state we don't have the strength in numbers (or at least the perception of such)? Thinking about the New Orleans/CT/NY examples mentioned.

I've wondered what made Katrina different than Sandy, in terms of why NJ didn't try the same stunt.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast