Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default American Sport Shooting

Just wanted to post a review of American Sport Shooting. I had posted an ad in the classifieds stating that I was looking to purchase a Kimber Warrior. A member PMed me and said that Rich at American Sport Shooting had one in stock last night. I called this morning around 9am and was greeted cheerfully by Rich. I asked if he had the gun in stock, cost, and condition. He took the time to answer my questions and was polite throughout the conversation. I told him that I would be up there by 12 to pick up the gun. After the near two and a half hour drive, small detour...missed the exit, I arrived at his store.

I must say that I was impressed by the store itself. I never expected such a small store to be so clean, warm, and inviting on the inside. Rich's inventory of holsters, accessories, and firearms was impressive for the size of his shop. I walked in and he asked if I was the person who called about the gun. I looked it over with a buddy of mine who knows the 1911 platform way better than I do. He said it was good to go and I filled out the paperwork for the gun. He also had a pretty wide selection of AR's that were fairly priced, especially the Colts, and a few stripped lowers. I was impressed that he was able to stock any of that stuff.

During the time while filling out my paperwork, I spoke with Rich about several different things. He knows his stuff. He also took care of me on the price of the gun. This was my first time meeting Rich, but I get the impression he is a stand up, no bullshit kind of guy. I can definately say that the next time I consider purchasing something I'll be giving him a call to see what he can get and what deal he can do on it for me. The journey was worth it and Rich will be seeing business from me and my friend again in the future. Thanks again Rich.
    Last edited by SuperMoose; April 7th, 2009 at 02:45 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: American Sport Shooting

he does have one of the best looking and well kept stores in the Poconos, thats for sure. good guy to talk to also.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Luzerne County)

I have to agree with the OP. I was also in there today and talked to Rich for a little while about a bug. He steered me clear of the guns he didn't recommend from personal experience. I was really looking to pick up a revolver and wound up buying a nice S&W 637. His shop is definitely the nicest one around and I highly recommend that anyone should make the trip and stop in. Thanks Rich.

(Monroe County)

Glad you had a good Exp there SuperMoose, how do you like the Weapon ill bet its great
    Does this look like my Care Face.....

(Chester County)

Got the Warrior out to the range today. I have shot my friend's Warrior numerous times and mine handled exactly like I expected. Incredibly accurate and ate the 50 rounds of Remington UMC without a problem. No malfunctions. All I need to do now is put more rounds through it and eventually get a holster to make it my carry piece. As Rich saw I'm not a big guy at all but I'll make it work. Thanks again for the awesome deal man.

Thumbs up Re: American Sport Shooting

Rich is a great guy who will always steer you clear of things he feels are not worth buying and show you what he believe what would suit you best. I went in and spoke to him about recommending a new pistol for myself. I was looking for a pistol chambered in 357 Sig. i was thinking of A Sig P. He said he felt I would be much happier with a P. I held them both and went with his recommendation. I shot it today for the first time and I am super impressed with this pistol. He was so right about the way it shoots and feels.

I have always left Rich's store happy with each of my purchases and with a education to boot.

Thank you Rich.

(Carbon County)

I was in there a couple times, once about a year ago to see if they had any Ar lowers. They tried to talk me out of building one and buying one already built from them, I didnt care for that at all. Another time I called to talk to someone about haveing a rifle shipped to them, and the guy told me he will only accept it if it comes from another FFL. Those two times and the other couple times I was there and saw the prices (kind of high I thought) were enough to keep me from spending my money there.

I myself bought an XD .45 tactical from rich yesterday (4-14-09)...It was def priced right i myself drove 2.5 hrs to meet with a friend and we both went down there...I saw it held it and well bought it...I also bought a 3rd for it..Fired one mag 30 mins later just to see and there was not as much recoil to it at all and she was right on target...Im looking forward to getting back to the range to put alot more rounds down range..

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by epointer View Post
    I was in there a couple times, once about a year ago to see if they had any Ar lowers. They tried to talk me out of building one and buying one already built from them, I didnt care for that at all. Another time I called to talk to someone about haveing a rifle shipped to them, and the guy told me he will only accept it if it comes from another FFL. Those two times and the other couple times I was there and saw the prices (kind of high I thought) were enough to keep me from spending my money there.

For starters whats "kind of high prices", Compared to what or whom what were you looking at. As far as the uppers are concerned did he have any?? where they available . The other thing about the FFL that is Riches policy if you don't like it i am sure someone else can assist you with that but don't knock his policy, its there for a reason i am sure. Rich has fair prices and a ton of customers that will attest to his pricing....I think Rich and the Members deserves a little explanation on this at least if your going to post a Neg you need to be a little more descriptive.
    Does this look like my Care Face.....

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by epointer View Post
    Thank you, Sorry I couldn’t help you. And yes that is my policy about receiving guns.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast